Chapter 9 - Start of Something

A/N: LAST CHAPTER BEFORE EPILOGUE!!!!

MINOR SMUT WARNING

It was starting to get colder outside. Time had flew by in almost a blur after the fundraiser. Kat wrapped her black peacoat around her tighter, as the wind surrounded her. She was walking to the table to meet Draco, he was already seated. No one loved sweets more than them, so they decided to try out a new bakery that just opened in London.

She had to meet the girls in two hours for coffee but she said she may run late. Theo was out of town for a few days so she had to fill her time to keep her mind off of him being gone. The bell on the bakery chimed and she saw Draco waving her over to the table he was at. 

It was always funny going places with the boys, especially Draco. He seemed to always draw attention because, well he didn't really look like a muggle. Neither did Theo but at least he wore causal clothes to blend in. The air smelt heavenly as she made her way to the table. A gasp left her lips when she saw all the pastries and sweets that were on it. 

"Draco!" She laughed, motioning to all the food.

"We have to try everything. I have informed Astoria and Pansy that I wouldn't let you leave until we've finished." He said proudly. He wasted no time taking a huge bite of what looked to be a chocolate scone. 

"I should tell you no but I have a feeling you're like Theo, and you don't get told that often." She quirked an eyebrow up and pulled the scone out of his hand. "Hey!" He whined like a child. 

"Kat, I grew up with a silver spoon in my mouth. Why would I would I be told no?" Sarcasm dripped from his voice, which led them to burst into laughter.

She took a bite of the chocolate scone and he rolled his eyes. Kat finished it, wiping the crumbs from her mouth with the back of her hand. Crumbs fell on the table and she brushed them onto the floor. Draco's eyebrows furrowed together and he screw his nose up in humorous disgust.

"You and Theo are perfect for each other. You're both slobs." He teased.

"Now now Draco, let's not pretend like you don't love us."

After the laughter died down, they sat in silence. It was comfortable and it was something they both appreciated. Kat began to think about how much her life had changed in just four months. Going through the list in her head she couldn't believe it: Lunch with Pansy and Astoria, bakery openings with, who she use to only call Malfoy, and now she's married to Theodore Nott. Life has a funny way of working out.

Ron had written her a few days ago apologizing. He explained that he was angry and that he didn't understand. However The Daily Prophet had explained, in detail, what happened at the fundraiser. Ron told her that he was wrong about everyone and he was happy to see her being taken care of. She missed them terribly and she made plans to see them on Christmas Eve. He even invited all of her new friends. 

"Astoria said the Ministry approved Charlie Weasley's request. You should be getting a letter soon about it but I just wanted to give you a heads up." He whispered softly. His eyes held an emotion she didn't understand at the time but looking back, she knew it was sadness. 

"Can I tell her my answer directly?" Kat questioned, sipping the tea Draco had gotten for her. 

"I would assume so. Kat listen, if you're thinking about leaving-"

"The answer will be no. I have no intentions on leaving him. I plan on staying for as long as he'll have me." They exchanged smiles and Kat took a bite out of a cherry pastry. Screwing up her face, she spit it into her napkin. "Skip the cherry." She gagged, as he laughed so hard his face turned red.