O2. THE OTHER HALF

I YAWNED AND began to get out of lydia's car. she sat there, looking at her hands. i closed the door and stuck my face in through the window.

"uhm, lyd?"

"i'm sorry. for what i said."

"oh, wow. she apologizes, how unusual," i laughed, "come on, lydia. it's alright."

she looked up and smiled. jackson opened up her car door and she slipped out.

"hey, phia! how was chicago? for eight years!" jackson hugged me when i walked to them. i smirked and fixed my hoodie.

"it was good. uncle ben was very informative so i always knew the crazy ass people to stay away from."

"so, sophia? you and stiles, huh?!" lydia yelled.

"shut up! no. i was just- i- no."

"then what were you doing?" jackson waggled his eyebrows.

"looking for a body," i said bluntly. they looked at me in shock so i laughed, "just kidding!"

lies.

i saw stiles and scott up ahead so i left jackson and lydia behind. i fixed my volleyball shorts and unzipped my hoodie slightly.

"hey, boys."

"woah, woah, woah! it's sophia martin!" stiles laughed. he tried to hide it but i saw him look me up and down.

"i can't believe we were hanging around the martin twin." scott yawned, covering his face with his jacket sleeve.

"fraternal. i got the cool genes." i joked with a huge smile.

out of the corner of my eye, i saw lydia and jackson start to walk up. i smiled at my sister and fist-bumped jackson. when i looked back at the boys, stiles seemed infatuated with lydia. i sighed, of course he was.

then i remembered last night, stiles rubbing my face as i felt like dying. his comforting words. was he going to bring it up? i let out another sigh and focused on scott.

"so, scotty. did you escape?"

"yeah. yeah, i did." his eyes flicked to stiles and they both fixed their shoulders. they were hiding something.

"what are you hiding?" i inquired.

"let's talk after school. you available?" stiles asked.

"i have volleyball tryouts but i can meet you after."

"sounds good. what's your first period?"

"english."

"oh, good. stick with us."

-

THE TEACHER SPOTTED me as soon as i walked in to the class and told me to stay in the front. i nodded at the boys and stood awkwardly by the teachers desk. everybody's eyes were on me. i was standing there in a hello kitty tank-top and spandex.