O12. LACROSSE AND ANGELS

EVERYTHING WAS slow and blurred, my face resting in my hands and the tears smearing on my cheeks. i'm alone... i'm alone. alone, alone, alone, alone! mr. stilinski walked up to me as i sat in the sheriff's office, an iced coffee in his grasp.

"i called stiles... he says you like iced coffee." he hummed, handing me the cup. he sat down in a chair beside me and he placed his hand on my back.

"is he coming?" i whispered.

"yeah, he's on his way with scott and allison... your mother and lydia are on there way as well."

i looked over at him, body growing fiery hot and i could feel my vampire teeth sharpen to a point. I said, "my mother is dead."

his eyes widened for second and i took a long sip of my coffee. the door of the sheriff's office opened and lydia walked in, her eyes finding mine, her arms raising and awaiting from a hug from me. seconds later, stiles and the others walked in and i jumped up, running into stiles' arms. crying harder than ever. his hand found my hair and he pressed kiss on my hairline. i meet eyes with scott over his shoulder and he nodded... he knew.

i pulled away and rested my head on stiles' chest, my eyes wandering the words on the graphic shirt. it made me smile in the horrible situation. "they were torn to shreds... no human or animal could do that much to them, at least not in california."

"sophia—" stiles began.

"let me talk... it had to be a werewolf, or something, but derek is locked up. i don't think derek did this, did any of it."

lydia looks down at her watch, eyeing us. she nodded at allison and stepped back with her mother. "babe, come on, you shouldn't be thinking about this." scott whispered.

"no! this is all i have to think about! other than lacrosse—" it hit me. "oh my god, lacrosse! we're gonna be late! come on." i grabbed stiles and scott's shirt and started to pull them out the door. they looked back at the sheriff who only shrugged, having no idea how to stop me.

-

MY EYES glowed under my helmet, anger and pressure building up in my body. random memories of my family flashing in my mind and i started to cry, the face cage shielding the opposing team from seeing me broken. i twirled the lacrosse stick in my hands as i waited for the referee to blow the whistle.

"i'm playing a girl? this is gonna be an easy one." the opposing teammate says with a smirk.

"watch yourself, hotshot." i hissed.

the whistle blew and i pick up the ball, ramming into the boy, hearing his back crash into the damp grass. i swung the ball to scott, listening to stiles' cheers for me. scott made the shot and the game was over... i had to go home.

a loud piercing noise broke in my head and i collapsed to the grass, pulling off my helmet and covering my now bleeding ears. stiles ran up to me and pulled me up, my body falling like a rag doll into his arms ... he needed to get away before he got hurt. "get off, get off!" i screamed, spittle flying from my lips. but the stupid boy doesn't let go.

"no."

"stiles—"

coach blew the whistle once more and ran to us. i felt the blood rushing through my shaking fingers as the noise in my head got louder and louder, breaking everything in me ... my heart started to pound and it felt like i was being ripped in half.

before i knew it, i was in the locker room with scott and stiles, screaming and seizing on the floor. for a split second, i met eyes with stiles and then nothing.

-

I WOKE up in her body, in full control ... finally. the cement is cold against our back and we shiver, not noticing the two boys pacing in the room. we slowly rose up which started the boys. the buzzcut one, stiles maybe, ran up to us and dropped his phone. "sophia? are you alright? i was just about to call my dad—"

"this isn't sophia." we smiled. scott and stiles backed up a little, stiles watching us carefully.

"what do you mean?" scott questioned.

"well, it is ... just her better, hotter other half."

"are you connected to that cat? to the fangs and when the glass went across the room?" stiles rambled. we nodded and smiled again, adjusting to the new territory. "is she okay?" he whispered.

it was obvious the boy liked sophia a lot, he cared and worried. there was no reason to worry about sophia ... she could take care of herself, especially with me around. i either needed to get rid of him or bring him closer. — i choose killing him.

we grabbed an open locker door and pulled it off it's hinges. we snap it in half and grasped the buzzcut boy by his jersey, slamming him into the showers. scott went to help but i used my force to hold him against a wall ... i'm more powerful and well-adjusted than sophia is.

"she's fine, buzz boy, why do care? all she needs is me—"

"what? i don't even know who you are! sophia doesn't even know who you are!" he shouted. i spit blood onto the ground, watching the dark liquid crawl down the drain. my attention fell back onto the lover boy ... his eyes wide and scared but there was something else, something deeper than expected.

"why do you care about her, mieczyslaw stilinski?"

"because i like her ... something wrong with liking her?"

i placed the broken locker door against his leg, ripping his pants and pressing the sharp edge deeper into his leg. — but be barely flinched. "nothing's wrong with liking her ... loving her is different, stiles."

"i never said—"

"i know you didn't say it. but it's true, isn't it?"

our heart starts to pound again and a splitting headache shakes us ... sophia's breaking through. we drop the piece of metal and drop scott, running out the door and onto the still occupied lacrosse field. our screams pulled everyone's attention us. — sophia's stronger than i thought she was.

NOTE FROM IVORY.
yo, this story is finally
getting good<3 i literally
have every book in this series
planned out to the point
i can and i'm so excited !!

love you all!

POSTED — september 8 , 2021.
EDITED — n / a !
WORD COUNT — 1093.