O9. EMPTY FRIDGE

STILES SLID INTO his desk chair, opening his laptop. "you can stay here, if you want. we'll be even." he chuckled. i rubbed the top of his head, a smile on my chapped lips. i moved my leg over him and sat on his legs. his face flushed.

"sure." i said. he put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him. i kissed his forehead and he stared into my green eyes. his smile lit up my world, the thing that i thought about when i was upset or angry. it calmed me down and made me happy, at least a little bit.

his lips met my neck and i gasped in surprise. warm kisses traveled up and down my neck. his lips stopped at a spot below my ear until we were interrupted. the song of an incoming call echoed in the room and i groaned in annoyance.

"i don't have to answer." i mumbled, his words muffled by my neck. i moved his head to look at me and smiled.

"it's probably scott, tell him about what you found out about jackson."

"but i wanna-" stiles whined but stopped him with a swift kiss on the lips. he grinned at me again and i slipped off of him. his hands grabbed a plastic green gun and he pressed the answer button. the sound of the toy echoed in my head as he pointed it jokingly at scott's screen face.

"what did you find out?" scott questioned, a small laugh following. "oh, hey, sophia!" he finished, his eyes wide in shock. i blew him a kiss and left the room to get food.

my fingers wrapped around the fridge handle and i pulled. empty. all except a couple of beers and a jug of milk. jesus, what are these boys eating?!

i opened the pantry and pulled out a bag of potato chips. my eyes followed the room, looking around for pictures, etc. they landed on a single family photo. claudia, noah, and stiles. the stilinski's. the edge of my lip poked up into a smile but it soon faded. i walked away from it, stuffing my mouth with potato chips.

i saw stiles rapidly typing on his laptop. i raised and eyebrow and squatted down beside him. "what's happening? why is he frozen?"

"look closer."

i searched the screen and i gasped. someone was standing behind the boy. "hurry, text him, idiot!!"

"i'm trying!"

suddenly the screen glitched, scott's moving face in fear. then the call ended. "stiles! we have to check on him!"

"no, it's fine. he's fine. he can protect himself."

"do you know who it was?!"

"i'm thinking derek hale!"

"and that makes it better how?"

"it doesn't."

i ran my hands down my face, my ass falling flat on the floor. stiles pulled me back up by my arms and i groaned again.

"i don't think you should play saturday either."

my head shot up, looking at his features. "what? why?!"

"i saw what you did. the claws. you have the same amount of rage as scott. you can just hold it in better."

"exactly, i can hold it in! i can play!" i shoved him off me and began walking out the door.