O11. BEYOND MY YEARS

I CLIMBED OUT of the blueberry jeep, a chill air settled around me. pai mai hopped out beside me and i smiled victoriously. "remember, stiles, we aren't together. got it?"

"m'hm, whatever."

"stiles!"

"yeah, i know! now come on." stiles basically ran into the mccall house hold, the adderall fueling him like gas to a car. pai mai and i looked at each other before following after the boy. we entered the teen wolf's room and i sat on his bed, my cat jumping into my lap and circling until finding the perfect position to lay.

"i found something at derek hale's." scott said. i raised a brow at the boys as i leaned back on my hands.

"are you kidding? what?" stiles exclaimed. scott and i rolled our eyes at stiles' excitement.

"there's something buried there. i could smell blood." i gag at the thought.

"that's awesome! i mean, that's terrible. whose blood?"

"i don't know. but when we do, your dad and sophia's uncle nail derek for the murder and then you help me figure out how to play lacrosse without changing. because there's no way i'm not playing that that game."

-

I SAT BESIDE lydia in the hospital, waiting for jackson to come out of getting a cortisone shot. jackson walked out of a room, sending a short wave at me. "did he do it?" lydia asked, standing up swiftly and grabbing his arm.

"he said not to make a habit of it, but one cortisone shot won't kill me."

"you should get one right before the game too. the pros do it all the time. you want to be a little high school amateur? or, do you want to go pro?"

i scoffed at lydia's selfishness. i stood up, waved goodbye to the assholes and walked toward the elevator. i met eyes scott and stiles at the end of the hall and they froze in fear. i crossed my arms over my chest and walked to them. "what are you boys doing?" i inquired.

"nothing—"

"visiting my mother."

they look at each other then back at me.

"visiting scott's mother."

"nothing—"

i slapped the back of their heads and they groaned like children. "tell me the truth, i'm apart of this too."

"fine. you know how i smelled blood at the hale house?"

"m'hm."

"the scent of the half the police found was the same i smelled there."

"oh fuck— that means we have proof he killed the girl. i say we use it." i shrugged, adjusting my tank top. i saw stiles eyeing me and i shot him a glare.

"how?" stiles asked.

"tell me something first, scotty, are you doing this because you want to stop derek or because you want to play in the game tomorrow and he said you couldn't?"