O3. MEMORIES

I WAS STILL frozen on the spot. the old lady's words echoed around the room and she turned around, sliding on her butt. her face was wrinkled and wet.

i gagged and she screamed in a piercing voice. raising a finger, she shot my body into the wall and i cried out in pain.

"don't be rude to your superior. wait there." she groaned like a frog, quiet and drawn out. she disappeared, fading into the nearby shadows.

i waited for hours. i squeezed my eyes shut, trying to wake up. but, still, the tears fell down my face.

i wanted to get out.

i needed to get out.

"they are here." someone whispered in my head.

i opened my eyes and jumped up, pressing my aching back to the wall. in front of me were four teenagers.

allison, scott, and stiles. they were all soaking  wet, their footsteps slapped against the tiles as they made their way to me slowly. too slow.

allison's hair was lighter than normal.

scott had a different hair cut. less 90's boy band. definitely looked better on him.

stiles actually had hair, it was pressed against his forehead with water. butterflies filled my stomach and i almost fell over in shock. my heart raced faster as he grew closer to me. it wasn't in fear.

the last person was way too familiar. she had her hair cut to her shoulders and the underside was dyed dark red. her neck was covered in necklaces and her hands covered in rings. i looked down at myself and recognized jewelry. her outfit was a large band tee, a large cut down the middle, and sweatpants.

it was me.

"sophia? holy shit!" stiles screamed and ran for me. when he got to me, he looked over me up and down.

"she- she looks like you! or herself! or, uhm, nevermind." stiles stammered. his cold arms wrapped around my back, his hands resting above my ass, and pulled me closer.

'hair' was the only word that i could muster out. they all laughed and i closed my eyes again.

wake up.

wake up.

wake up.

no, wait.

i opened my eyes again just to see them all still staring at me. i fell into stiles' chest and he wrapped his arms all the way around me.

then, i vaguely recognized a sound. it echoed against the white, vacant walls of the prison. when i looked up at stiles, i knew he recognized it too. i had heard the noise but only once. i would know it forever.

arcade noises.

stiles and i both shot our heads to the sound. a single arcade game flashed neon colors against the white. dance dance revolution. i could feel stiles laugh against my face and i grinned.

"in 3rd grade, me and scott went to the martin twins birthday party. i realized sophia was being ignored and even though i had never met her before then, i took her to the arcade where we played dance dance revolution."