Chapter 1

"Madilyn come on." My father shouted.

"I'm coming." I shouted back.

We had just moved into our new house and my dad was shouting at me so he could go sign me up for karate. I was so happy but I didn't know about this new dojo. I did some research and saw they won the All Valley Tournament so they had to be good right? I liked their logo which was a King Cobra and their moto which was "Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy", my old dojo was just like this which was no mercy it was very disciplined and organized and I hope this dojo was the same type of thing.

I walked downstairs wearing black ripped jeans and a plain black shirt.

"You ready?" My dad asked.

I nodded, he drove me to the dojo and I was excited.

"Alright can you go in by yourself and I'll pick you up, I need to run to the store really quick." My dad looked at me.

"I got it, I just need the check." I smiled.

"Ok here." He smiled.

"Ok I'll text you." I climbed out of the car.

My dad drove away as soon as I shut the door. I walked to the door and opened it. Everyone's eyes shot to stare at me because the bell rung that was on the door.

"Hello." A man with blonde hair looked at me.

"Hi I'm here to sign up." I was trying to be nice.

"We do tryouts here so before you hand me that check we need to see what you got." He smiled evil.

"Alright." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You will be fighting." He thought for a moment.

"Hawk, everyone clear the mat." He directed.

Everyone moved away from the mat except a boy with a red mohawk. He stood in the middle of the mat. I took off my shoes and walked to the middle of the mat.

We bowed and we took our fighting stances, when the sound rang for us to start I quickly landed a punch to his chest and swept his legs from under him before he even got close to me.

He landed straight on his back and gasped for air. I lowered my hand to help him up but he swept my leg and I fell on my butt. Oh it was on he wanted to fight dirty well lets fight dirty. I quickly got up kicked him in the stomach and grabbed his arm and swung him over me and rolled him onto his back with me straddling him. I leaned down.

"Nice try cutie." I whispered in his ear and got off him.

He laid there in shock and his face was red as a tomato.

"Wow, what was your name?" The blonde man asked.

"It's Madilyn." I smiled.

"You've done karate?" He was shocked.

"Yeah I've been training since I was 3." I explained.

"You're so fast." He was still shocked.

"So am I in?" I asked.

"Yeah of course, you can stay for the rest of today's session if you want, just grab a gis." He pointed to the cabinet.

I bowed and walked to the cabinet and went to the back to change. I made sure to text my dad that I was staying and to pick me up in an hour. I came out and everyone was looking at me.

"I'm Sensei Lawrence." He bowed.

"Nice to meet you Sensei." I bowed.

"There's an open stop next to Hawk." He pointed to an empty spot next to Hawk.