Chapter 34

We got home pretty late so we put on our pajamas which included me basically just wearing his shirt and him sleeping in boxers. We laid down and he cuddled me.

"You looked like you came to a conclusion as dinner was halfway finished." I swear he noticed everything.

"Can we talk about it in the morning please, I'm really tired." I held him close.

"Yeah, of course." He kissed me.

"I love you." I kissed him again.

"And I love you." He smiled and kissed me once more.

I cuddled up in Eli's arms and listened to his heartbeat and once again our hearts were in sync with each other. Eli fell asleep before I did, and I fell asleep right after.

The next morning Eli was laying on my chest and was snuggled into my neck.

"Good morning Princess." He looked up at me.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked.

"Only a couple minutes." He smiled.

"What time is it?" I looked at the clock, but I couldn't see it.

"It's noon." He looked at the clock for me.

"Jeez, we slept late." I laughed.

"We always sleep late." He laughed.

"You have a point." I smiled.

"What do you wanna do today?" He asked.

"Wanna go to the beach?" I felt like going to the beach.

"By ourselves, or are we inviting people?" He looked up at me.

"Just us if that's ok." I smiled.

"Yeah, I was hoping it would just be us." He laughed.

"Ok, great." I smiled.

We got up and got ready. I put on my green swimsuit from last time because I didn't feel like going to the other house to choose a different one. We put clothes over our swimsuits so we could stop by the pizza place and get pizza. Mom and Mr. Moskowitz had already gone to work so we just texted mom to tell her we would be home later. We made sure to get towels so we didn't have to sit on the sand. We had called the pizza place before we left so we didn't have to wait that long. After we grabbed everything we drove to the pizza place to get our pizza and then headed to the beach. We pulled up to the beach, grabbed all our stuff, and walked down to a good spot.

"Wanna go in the water?" Eli started to get closer.

"Sure, but you know the rules, not too far." I held my hands up.

He picked me up and held me under my thighs to make sure I didn't fall. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"So, you 're trusting me to take you in the water?" He looked at me skeptically.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I laughed.

"Because I know even if you do take me too far like a dummy I know you won't drop me." I kissed his nose.

"You're right, I won't." He laughed.

We got to the edge of the water.

"You ready?" He made sure I was ok.

"Yeah, I'm good." I smiled.

He started to walk down farther in the water. As I inched closer and closer to the water I was doing ok. I wasn't scared or anything like I had been last time but I don't know why. I was now submerged in the water that went up above my butt. We were far enough in where the waves weren't crashing on us but they were starting to form so it rocked up back and forth.

"You doing ok?" He held me tighter.

"I'm ok." I looked out on the waves.

"What are you thinking about?" He rested his head on my shoulder.

"It's crazy how the waves can be so beautiful but knock someone down so easily." I explained.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"The waves their a beautiful thing right?" I was taking it step by step.

"Right?" He was following along.

"But they can make someone fall or cause a ripple in something else. Right?" I had a point to this.

"Right?" He was still trying to follow along.

"What I'm saying is something so good can happen to someone but it can also cause a ripple in someone else's life." I explained.

"Is that good thing your dad getting married to Miguel's mom but the ripple is affecting you." He looked at me.

"Exactly." He got it.

"On the topic about this, what was the decision you came up with last night?" He asked.

I took a deep breath.

"I'm happy for my dad that he started this new chapter in his life. This change is way too much for me and I feel that I need to not be in that new chapter in my dad's life. I'm not saying that I am going to move out or anything, I am just saying that I am going to try and stay out of my dad's life as much as possible. For the rest of summer, I am going to stay at your house, and when school starts I am going to spend every day with you until it is time for me to go home and sleep. That is the only time I am going to be at his house. I love my dad and I want him to be happy, and I don't want this ripple that is messing with me to affect him." I tried to explain.

"I'm going to tell you this. I will always support you in everything you do, this decision you made I support you in. If that's what you want to do then you do it. Of course, I won't mind you being with me all the time, I have grown attached to you and this decision just gives me something that I want, and that is for you to be with me as much as you want." He smiled.

"Thank you for supporting me." I smiled.

"I always will." He kissed my lips.

"I'm hungry, wanna go eat?" I wanted pizza.

"Let's go." He started out of the water.

We got to the shallow part.

"Let me down please." I unhooked my arms and legs.

"You ok?" He laughed.

"Let's race." I smiled.

"You're on." He smirked.

"Ready, set, go." I shouted.

We took off running towards our stuff. I was laughing the entire time and I could hear him laughing too. I was winning and I was about to make it and win when I felt arms wrap around me. He had wrapped his arms around me and tackled me onto the towels.

"That is not how you race." I laughed.

"We both won." He was smiling and laughing.

"Because you cheated." I laughed.

"Not the point." He laughed.

"Well, get off me you big lug, I'm hungry." I pushed him off me.

I opened the pizza box and placed it in front of us. We laughed and ate our pizza, and talked about random things just having an amazing time.

We spent the whole rest of the day at the beach. As the sun was setting we walked down the boardwalk and got to the end. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arm around his. I then laid my head onto his shoulder and we watched the sunset.