Chapter 28

We pulled up and everyone was here today. I guess there was a party or something. We waited for Miguel and Tory for a while until they finally came. When they finally got there, we all got out and grabbed our stuff, which was just a beach bag filled with towels and sunscreen. We finally choose a spot mid-way to the water and sat down.

"Which swimsuit did you pick today?" Tory slid off her shirt.

"I was the one that picked it out." Eli corrected.

"He picked your swimsuit." Tory made a face.

"Hey, I can pick clothes." Eli defended.

"Judging by your sense of fashion, she's probably naked." Tory laughed.

"She's got a point." Miguel added.

"He actually picked a cute one." I couldn't let them gang up on my poor baby.

I slid off my shirt and shorts so I could show them he actually picked a cute swimsuit.

"Oh, wow. Dang Hawk, you did pick a good one." Tory looked at me.

"See, I told you." Eli wrapped himself around me.

"It shows off your curves." Tory looked over me.

"That's what I said." Eli laughed.

"Who's down for the water?" Miguel loved the water.

"I am come on." Eli unwrapped himself from me.

"I'll go to." Tory smiled.

As for me, I liked the water but something about the beach didn't seem right. I guess it's the fact I can't see the bottom. I know there aren't any sharks or anything in the shallow end but I don't know the beach wasn't really my thing. But, I will say the beach does give me a really good tan.

"Are you coming Madilyn?" Tory asked.

"No, the water isn't really my thing." I sat on the towel.

"Just come in the shallow end." Tory pleaded.

"Maybe later." I smiled awkwardly.

"Hawk, get her." Miguel motioned to me.

"Hawk, I swear if you drop me in the deep end I will kill you myself." I hated the deep end.

Eli picked me up and threw me over his shoulder and started running towards the water.

"Hawk, slow down." I was scared because I couldn't see anything.

I saw his feet his the water, but he kept going further.

"Hawk, ok I'm in that's far enough." I was not going more than waist-high.

"You're fine I got you." He held me tighter.

"I know, but I don't like when we go too far." I explained.

Finally, he lifted me from his back and slid me around his waist. We were about waist deep for him and more like mid-way up my torso.

"This is way farther than my waist-deep." I clung to him.

"What is it with you and the beach water?" He held me tighter.

"It's because I can't see at the bottom." I looked down at the water.

We were swaying back and forth from the waves crashing against us.

"I won't let you go if you don't want me to." He smiled.

"Don't let me go." I clung even tighter.

"How did you get her this far?" Tory and Miguel were coming towards us.

"I don't know, she hasn't tried to get away yet." Eli laughed.

"She barely goes waist-length deep and that's to your knees." Miguel laughed.

"I know." Hawk laughed.

"My fear is not a laughing matter." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Jeez, Madilyn you're clinging to Hawk like a sloth on a tree." Tory laughed.

"I know, that's the point." I smiled.

"You're not going to let him put you down?" Miguel asked.

"Not until I am waist-deep." I explained.

Hawk started to go farther into the water.

"Hawk, what the fuck do you think you're doing?" I looked around.

"We are going a little deeper." He explained.

"I don't want to go deep. Something could grab me at the bottom." I started climbing his torso.

"Princess you're fine." He held me tighter.

"I am not fine. Can we please go back and I'll let you put me down, I promise." I just wanted to go back.

"Fine, but we are going my waist-deep." He started heading back.

"Thank you." I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Ok, we're here." He started to loosen his grip.

I prepared myself to touch the bottom with my feet. I was scared as hell, but I knew if nothing had grabbed Hawk, Tory, or Miguel yet then I was fine for now. Hawk slowly let me down until I was fully submerged up to the bottom of my boobs.

"Wow Madilyn, you're doing great." Tory came beside me.

"Thanks, even though I feel like I'm going to die." I laughed nervously.

"Calm down, and you'll be fine." She smiled.

I started to calm down and realized nothing was going to get me. I was still in the shallow zone and nothing usually lives up here. I started to walk around a little bit and then I finally let go of Hawk's hands we made sure I was ok with Tory and then he went to go wrestle with Miguel.

"How are you doing?" Tory stayed by my side.

"I'm good, calm." I smiled.

It was true I was calm and ok. I laughed as Miguel and Eli as they tackled each other into the waves. Usually, it was Eli who was doing the tackling but Miguel got his chance once in a while. Tory and I laughed and talked about the boys. Then next thing we knew they were both running full speed at us with their arms open, they were going to tackle us.

"Hawk, don't you dare." I put my hands up.

He smiled and yelled prepare yourself. I was now comfortable in the water so I wasn't going to mind wrestling with Eli for a little while. I prepared to be submerged underwater, Eli wrapped his arms around my waist and we fell into the water. He never let go so I didn't panic. Right after he tackled me I was under the water for less than five seconds before he brought me back up and wrapped me around his waist.

"You ok?" He laughed.

"I'm good." I laughed and moved the hair from my face.

"See it isn't that bad." He laughed.

"I know that now." I laughed.

Eli and I wrestled, played around, and had a lot of fun. Then Tory and Miguel thought they could beat us in chicken fight but they were so wrong. I got on Eli's shoulders right away before going deeper because I still wasn't really comfortable in the deeper water. Tory got on Miguel's shoulders and we played five rounds of chicken fight and every round Eli and I won. I think it's cause I was so scared to even fall, my mind went into survival mode. After that, we all went to the sand and laid down on the towels.

"I'm beat." I laughed.

"I am too." Tory laid on my right.

"It's time to tan." I laughed.

"Yes, it is." Tory laughed.

We laid down in the sun and tanned for two hours until the boys started getting bored, they kept moving around and messing around. They were putting sunblock on us but in shapes. Eli put a heart, a circle, a triangle, and a rectangle. Miguel drew stop signs, and his name on Tory along with little shapes. They were complaining that they were hungry, so we got up and packed up.

We drove to go get pizza and ate there, we had an amazing time and had so much fun.