Chapter 10

During lunch, I had to pretend nothing was wrong even though I was so nervous. Eli noticed I think but he never said anything about it. I wonder what was going on inside of his head. Other than that we had a normal lunch until Amy was paging me. I told Eli and he came with me to the nursery.

The rest of the night was normal but different at the same time. Eli left about an hour after he came into the nursery because he had another surgery. Mikey was awake the rest of the night and I just held him in the carrier while I did other things.

It was finally time for us to go home. I cleaned up, took the babies back to their moms, packed Mikey's things up, and placed him in his car seat. As I signed out and scanned out Eli was waiting for me at the entrance. We kissed each other and he of course kissed Mikey too. We went home, unpacked the car, walked in the house, laid Mikey down because it was his usual bedtime, plus he was getting cranky. While I watched Mikey, Eli took a shower, and then we swapped places.

We were now all showered and ready for bed even though it was 9 in the morning.

I laid down next to Eli because Mikey was in his crib tonight. Eli wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer into his chest.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" He kissed my forehead.

"What do you mean?" I got nervous.

"You were acting weird at lunch, Don't think I didn't notice." He laughed a little.

"Can we talk about it at breakfast because I am super tired right now?" I was trying to buy myself some time so I could think about what I was going to say.

"Yeah, of course. As long as you tell me what's going on." He smiled and pulled me in tightly.

"I love you." I kissed him.

"I love you too." He kissed me once more.

He fell asleep while I was trying to plan what I was going to say. Should I just come out and say it? Should I talk to him about Mikey first and then about me being pregnant? After a couple of hours of thinking I finally concluded that I was going to talk to him about Mikey's situation and when we came to the conclusion that I was going to bring up the scenario of "what if I was pregnant, would we still keep Mikey?". After I find out his reaction then I would come clean and tell him I was in fact pregnant and then we can go from there.

I was finally at ease with the whole situation so I snuggled into Eli's chest and fell asleep.

I woke up around four in the afternoon. I looked around and no one was in the room with me. I got up and went looking around. I went downstairs and there was Eli cooking. He had the carrier on and Mikey was laughing at Eli who was dancing around and making silly faces at Mikey.

"Well, good morning you two." I walked into the kitchen.

"Say, good morning mommy." Eli spoke to Mikey.

Mikey looked at me and smiled. Mikey started opening and closing his hands in my direction. I took Mikey from the carrier and held him close.

"Good morning, handsome." I kissed his little face.

He giggled and smiled from the kisses.

"Whatcha making?" I kissed Eli.

"Waffles." He loved waffles.

"Sounds good." I smiled.

"Of course they're good, I made them." He laughed.

"Did Mikey eat yet?" I laughed.

"Not yet." He plated a waffle.

I grabbed a clean bottle, filled it with water, and popped it into the microwave for a couple of seconds. I got it back out and placed the formula inside. I shook it up and then laid Mikey down in my arms since he was sitting up in them. I gave him his bottle and he started drinking it.

"Dang bubba, you're hungry." I laughed.

"Slow down there, milk is going to get all over you." Eli laughed and stood behind me looking at Mikey.

Mikey smiled while drinking his bottle and then still continued to down the bottle. After he finished I burped him and rocked him to sleep. I went back to the room, turned on the monitor we had, and laid him down in his crib with his favorite blanket and binky. I went back to the kitchen and sat down as Eli finished making breakfast. He set down a plate in front of me and sat down himself.

Sorry this is a really short chapter but I want them to have their conversation in a chapter itself. :)