Chapter 43

Londyn's POV

"Zoey? Why are you down here?" I asked

"I saw you running when I came out the bathroom."

"That doesn't explain why you followed me. We broke up remember?" I reminded her

"But I still care about you. You were my only genuine friend and I was a bitch."

"You were."

"Look this time I'm here for you not to sleep with Lucas. During this break I sorted out my emotions related to him and while I do like him I'll never pursue him or hold it against you. I realized how alone you must've felt when your siblings called me to ask for you. So please let me in? Why are you crying under the bleachers?"

"I'm OCD" I scratched myself

"Again? I thought we worked through it?"

"Me too but it's back and I don't know why?"

"Maybe it's your sister again." she sighed

"Don't blame Louise." I told her

"Do you have anymore finals?"

"No that was my only one and I erased through my paper."

"Let's cut my mom is working right now and my dad is out fucking his mistress."

"How do I know you aren't using me again?" I asked

"I have a shitty track record and there aren't enough words to prove my commitment to our friendship this time around. But you're my best friend and I want to be here for you. Please give me one more chance?"

"Okay but this is the last time you'll get the opportunity to fuck me over."

"I promise I won't." she sounded sincere but I'm still scared

"We could stay her if that's what you'd prefer." She told me

"Yeah that's better because my dad will know if I leave school."

"Are you gonna work through your ocd at therapy or wait for it to get out of control again?"

"I'm just stressed once summer break hits I'll relax and work on it."

"Yeah right." she scoffed

"What?"

"Your summers are anything but relaxing. There's track with all those mean girls who treat you like shit for coming from a wealthy family. Jonah exists solely to ruin you. Your parents are fine but, your siblings are convinced you have it better than them. You're gonna get worse and I'm not gonna sit here and let it get to that point."

"How did you hear about me returning to track?"

"Your siblings."

"Hunky dory."

"See this isn't something that will sort itself out."

"You can just go so you don't have to deal with it." I told her

"I'm not leaving again. If it gets too much I'll get involved."

"Okay."

"Why are you punishing yourself by doing track again?"

"Coach asked me to become captain. He's tired of the toxicity and bullying so he wants me to fix the create a healthier team environment for underclassmen. You know freshman year I wanted to be captain for that exact reason. Without the seniors on the team I feel like I can enjoy track again."

"But of course your siblings aren't seeing it that way."

"Nope. My ex was abusive so they're accusing me of using track to take dad's attention away from our little Olympian."