Chapter 61

Londyn's POV

My mind is racing like crazy!

Why would he agree? He's a heavy drinker a shot wouldn't do anything to him so why didn't he just take the shot?

I don't think I can do two hours alone with the person who somehow hates me more than I hate myself

I'm brought out of my thoughts by the door of the room I'm in slamming shut

"Drop the little miss innocent act. I won't fall for it twice." Jonah tells me coldly

"That's why you didn't take the shot. You wanted two hours to shit on me to my face." I mutter as I back away

"Stop acting like I'm such a shitty person!" he growled

"Stop acting like I am!" I retort back

Way to go me! I'm finally speaking up.

"You're making people believe I have it out for you for no reason. You're trying to ruin my friendship with Lucien too. Why can't you just admit you did something wrong and become a better person?"

"I'm trying to be a better person but I'm not the person you think I am! I'm not the one who outed you for being bi! You were my best friend, so why would I betray you like that? On top of that I liked you, so why the hell would I ruin my chances with you?"

"Even now, you still insist on lying. I have to admit you're very convincing. However, I know you're the same ugly bitch who tricked me."

"This conversation isn't going anywhere. I'm gonna go home. I'll see you at camp Jonah." I sighed as I started making my way to the door

"Wait!" he grabbed my arm

One beat

Two beats

Three beats

Was all it took to have him pinned on the ground

"Don't touch me or I'll fucking murder you." I whispered in his ear

This was a new coping technique that mom taught me. After what happened between me and my ex mom decided to take some time to teach me one on one self defense. It's given us a lot of time to bond together. The first thing she had me do, was repeatedly throwing to the ground with the same judo throw. The throw was only three easy steps. The next step was to complete the throw in three heartbeats. She came up with this after I explained to her that I could only hear my heartbeats when I felt myself becoming immobilized by fear or anxiety. With lots of practice and positive affirmations she made executing that throw a reflex for me.

I guess all that practice paid off because once I snap out of my trance, I found myself standing over a groaning Jonah

Feeling guilty and scared, I let go of his arm and ran off. I booked it straight for the front door and didn't stop running once I made it out of the house.

I continued running for miles until I hit the skatepark

"I thought I was going home." I looked down at my feet

There must be another pool party since the skatepark was nearly empty. Even at this late hour there were normally lots of people skating at the park.

I decided to wander around the quiet area. I left my phone so I couldn't call anyone to come get me. If I walk home I'll get yelled at by my siblings or maybe even kidnapped along the way.

On my walk I notice a familiar silhouette sitting at the edge of the bowl

"Myles?" I call out

"What are you doing here so late?"