Chapter 53

Lucien's POV

"How did that event kill your brother?"

"I was the only one who saw that side of my parents. Quincy and Sophie had the best life imaginable. From that day Quincy started taking more criticism from them. My parents hated me even more and made it their mission for people to see the version of me they themselves saw."

"So your brother Quincy, how did he pass?"

"He committed suicide on our birthday 6 years ago."

"You were 12, that must've been a lot to process."

"A year after that I started living with my uncle. He moved me to the US for freshman year. Then senior year I transferred the Ravenwood to play basketball. I was fortunate enough to have a fresh start."

"So you started living with Quincy after your confession?"

"Not exactly."

Flashback 8 years earlier

It's been an hour since we got back to the manor. I'm sitting in the car Quinn talks to mom and dad. He's taking so long it's making me nervous.

What if they turn him against me?

I'll have no one to save me from their wrath

I finally saw him leave the house

"Lucien buddy I need you to be honest with me. Do they actually abuse you?" he asked

"Yes! Why would I lie about that?"

"I wish I knew." he sighed

"I'm not going home with you." The realization dawned on me

I could tell by his body language

"No buddy." He shook his head

"This is why I never told you! You don't believe me and now they're gonna hurt me even worse because I told." I cried

"Hey, I talked to dad and he said he'll talk with you to clear the air. It's just a misunderstanding. He says you can stay with me on the weekends so we can spend time together but you can't lie just because you wanna spend more time with me."

"That's what you think this is?" I scoffed

"Dad explained you didn't like me moving out and you were thinking of different way to get my attention. He also explained that you feel jealous of how much attention Sophie gets but remember she's 6 so she needs more attention."

"So I'm the attention seeking liar?" I laughed humorlessly

"I don't thi-" I got out the car and slammed the door leaving him talking to himself

As soon as I closed the door I felt the sting of dad's belt across my face

"Ahhhh" I screamed and held my eye

"Arrete de crier!  Voulez-vous réveiller Sophie"

Stop screaming! Do you want to wake Sophie?

"No, I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me?" I begged

"Vous avez essayé de le retourner contre nous!  Notre fils unique"

You tried to turn him against us! Our only son!

"I'm your son too!"

"Vous êtes une erreur que nous devons examiner tous les jours.  Nous vous détestons"

You're a mistake that we have to look at everyday. We hate you!

I laid on the ground crying silently as they delivered whip after whip