11 || JUST HOW MUCH

There is something asphyxiating, sitting in the passenger seat of Jeongguk's sleek black car in silence. He's looking anywhere and everywhere, but to his lefthand side where the blond currently sits with one hand wrapped around the wheel, the other resting along his inner thigh. From Jimin's peripheral, he can see a finger tapping, repeatedly landing against the fabric of Jeongguk's black jeans. It's impossible to decode just exactly what's going on in the man's head. Is he angry? Is he upset? Frustrated? Perhaps all three and then some. Not even the quiet melody resonating from within the car door puts him at ease.

Jimin is replaying the moment in the alleyway on repeat. Not his assault, but what followed. He had been slumped against the brick wall, propelled by buckling knees to sit on the frigid concrete. Dialing Jeongguk's number at that point hadn't been a second thought, even though he had once again disobeyed by venturing further into the city than promised. But it hadn't taken longer than two seconds for Jeongguk to answer the phone call and immediately he had been on his way.

The night had gotten darker and yet Jimin couldn't move. He had this gut feeling that regardless, the pretty collar encompassing his neck would keep him safe. Perhaps a reckless assumption, but he was right. Because several other drunkards showed up. They all retreated like scared dogs and sobered up the moment they saw the fine leather embellishing his white skin.

Not too long after that, Jeongguk had finally arrived. Jimin will never be able to forget his entwined look of absolute anger and dismay. It was like something he had never witnessed, something beyond what the blond man always seemed capable of conjuring.

He looked bloodthirsty, and quite literally ready to kill. It had him genuinely afraid but at the same time, he felt the safest he's ever felt.

"What did he look like? The man that touched you?" Jeongguk asks, thwarting the ensuing silence.

Jimin inhales softly, curling his fingers into his thighs. It's impossible to gauge Jeongguk's actions, which has him hesitating to answer. He's still looking out the window when he feels smooth, warm fingers slowly slide over his own. He peers down, looking at his lap. The blond's hand has covered his completely. It makes his heart thump tenderly and nerves quell.

"I need you to tell me what he looks like, Jimin. I'm not giving you an option." Suddenly the pressure around Jimin's hand increases. Finally he looks up at Jeongguk to find that despite the heavy rasp in his voice, his expression is bland. He's composed and seemingly enough level-headed, however there's this twitch in his jaw that totally gives away the anger boiling up inside of him.

"J-Jeongguk... what are you going to do?" Jimin is blinking through his lashes, inhaling sharply as the force surrounding his hand amplifies. He releases a small whine. "Jeongguk, you're h-hurting me... please," he points out quietly.

Jeongguk is quick to pull away, placing both of his hands on the wheel. "I'm sorry," he says sincerely as his knuckles bleed white.

It's quiet for some time after this. Jimin is cradling his hand while leaning his head against the window, looking at the stars in the sky. Eventually they reach Jeongguk's home and they pull into the driveway. The car is turned off and no more is the gentle whirring, serving as peaceful white noise. Rather, they share the noiseless ambience.

"...He was a head taller than me," Jimin starts, smoothing his fingers over his wrist. He doesn't need to look at Jeongguk to know that he's now listening. He can hear the man shift in his seat, as well as the piercing set of eyes sinking into his skin. "I couldn't see much of him because we were in a dark alleyway. But I could tell that he was a bit bigger, because he pushed me into the wall quite easily... one of his front teeth were missing," he admits and finally peers up at the dominant.