28 || ONE OF A KIND

"Are you ready to go, Darling?" Jeongguk hoists Jimin's bag over his shoulder.

"I hate this place," Jimin pouts, standing from the hospital bed with one of Jeongguk's hands settled on the small of his back. "Let's go."

Jeongguk's eyebrows narrow. "Don't push yourself. You're being discharged but you aren't invincible. You still need to get some rest." They leave the hospital room and he closes the door behind them, keeping his hand glued to Jimin's body.

"I know." Jimin turns around, looking up at Jeongguk. He kisses him on his lips, running a small hand through his hair. He gives a gentle tug and pulls back. "I won't push myself. I promise. I'm beginning to forget what your bed feels like."

Smiling, Jeongguk drags his thumb over Jimin's bottom lip and leans down to kiss him softly once more. "We can't have that happening, now can we? Let's go, Darling."

They wander through the white hallways, passing hospital personnel as well as those visiting or mourning. Death doesn't necessarily effect Jimin but when it's all that he's surrounded by, it's all that he can think about and feel. Cold.

After checking out at the receptionist, Jeongguk laces his fingers with Jimin's and leads him out of the hospital to his car. The leather seat already feels so much closer to home. It's been awhile since Jimin has actually been outside. The sky is a pretty blue, littered with shapely white clouds. The breeze is only subtle, perfect to ebb away the stuffy feeling that surrounds him.

"I know it's been close to a few weeks, Darling. Yoongi Hyung and Hoseok Hyung haven't gotten Daeshim yet, but they are getting close. Chin-hwa is as good as he's always been at hiding," Jeongguk explains while he reverses from his spot and exits the hospital parking lot.

Jimin watches the people and nature outside. "Do you think he's planning something? I wonder where he is."

"I have no idea what he's up to. But we can't assume anything and we also can't let our guard down. I became careless at the trailor and I became cocky. I got you shot." Jimin looks over at Jeongguk, studying his profile.

"You didn't get me shot, Jeongguk. Daeshim is the one who shot me. You threw yourself over top of me. You would have taken every single one of those bullets if it meant me not getting hit. This isn't your fault. I wanted it. I wanted to see her suffer and I want Daeshim and Chin-hwa to feel the same pain." Jimin reaches for Jeongguk's free hand and holds it in his own, close to his lips.

Jeongguk's eyes stay on the road, but his fingers curl around Jimin's. "And they will. We'll make sure of it, Darling."

Smiling, Jimin drops his hand into his lap, keeping Jeongguk's held securely. Revenge has been something to look forward to, ever since his initial relationship with Daeshim. All of that pent up anger and sadness can now be spent and will be on the two people who currently deserve it the most.

There is still this itch of primarily fear inside of himself that Jimin can't quite seem to sate, as well as a dose of hesitance. The thrill of a kill is unrivaled, as he has come to learn. It brings him to life - it beckons this sense of revival. Pieces of him that Daeshim stripped away, come back whenever he's with Jeongguk. Whenever he gets a taste of what it truly feels like to be in charge.

This is precisely what he felt, sending a bullet between Iseul's eyes. And the way they bored into his own had chills spiraling down his back, meeting the soles of his feet, encouraging his heart to pump swiftly. Driving him to experience this foreign kind of excitement.

Recalling the time they had Daeshim tied up, drooling through his gag and hard while watching Jeongguk fuck him on the bed. It's excitement. He sighs quietly when he realizes that he's getting hard. He pulls on his bottom lip.