✨Covers✨

You know that popular saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover"???

Well, in the case of finding a good fanfic to read, judge. Judge hard.

I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna even click on a book that uses those default book covers that Wattpad gives you. You know, those lame ones where it's just a blurry picture of your profile picture and they slap your title onto it? 

And as for Quotev... I don't think they provide default book covers. I think if you choose not to use one, it just puts a blank spot where the book cover's supposed to be. That's lame too. I wouldn't read those and neither would a lot of people. 

Pleeeeeaaaase people, make a decent book cover!!! 

"But author! I don't have any photoshop skills, so how am I supposed to make a decent book cover like these ones!":

I CAN'T MAKE THOSE EITHER SO DON'T WORRY!!! 

I don't even use photoshop to make my covers. I use Canva, a graphic designing platform. It's amazing guys, I use it to make my book covers, infographics for class, powerpoint backgrounds, graphs, etc. 

You do NOT need professional photoshop skills to use Canva. Trust me you guys, it is super easy to use

(It's also free. You can pay for other cool features, but you guys still get a ton of cool shit in the free version)

I used it to make the covers for all of my stories. For example, my PJO/HP fic. I basically just searched "aesthetic statues", picked which one looked cool, uploaded it on Canva, and then slapped on my title. 

Not much effort for that one, so lemme find another example...

Lolol, okay we'll use this one as an example. 

First off, when you create one, it lets you pick what exactly you want to make, an email header, a wanted poster, etc. Pick "Wattpad Cover"

Anyways, I start out with turning the background yellow (very easy to do, just click on the cover and it gives you color choices)