How to Condition People to Read Important Info :)

So... I'm guilty of this, but I know a lot of people tend to just... skip over author's notes...

But since I'm a writer, I'm also aware that there's usually a lot of important shit that goes on in author's notes... 

So how do you get people to read your author's notes??

MEMES!!!!

MEMES ARE THE ANSWER!! 

THEY ARE ALWAYS THE ANSWER!!!!

Let me tell you what I did with my PJO/HP fics... When I first started writing my first book, I realized pretty quickly that people were ignoring my author's notes because I would get comments from readers asking me things THAT I ALREADY ADDRESSED IN THE AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!!

>:(

Once I realized that people weren't reading my fucking author's notes, I did something that would catch their attention: I PUT MEMES AT THE END!!!

My readers love it, okay? They always look forward to looking at the memes I would put at the end of each chapter.

They didn't even realize that I was slowly conditioning them to read my author's notes because where do I put my memes? 

IN THE AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!!

(Lololol, they know that I've been conditioning them now cuz I just wrote about it, but whatever, it's too late for them anyways  😂 😂 😂)

So yes, memes are the key to getting people to read your author's notes ✌️

(this was hella short, but I hope it helps!!! :D)