Given-Name

I looked for a seat on the bus, most of them are full, but I see two in the back.

"Sohee! Let's go over there" I whisper into her ear.

"I think we have bigger problems..." She points to the two girls who always try to make our lives missable.

Sure most kids respect and would 'die' to be friends with us. But when its someone who wants your spot, they can't help but fight for it.

Minjun and Seoyeon. The two girls who begged to be simply nominated for homecoming queen. And guess who got nominated? The 'shy' girls.

We really aren't shy, but we never really go out...

"It's fine. It's not like we're alone this time. Just ignore and walk to the seats." I reassure her.

We walk to the back of the bus and here whispers.

Doesn't she take her fancy cars to school?
What if they lost all their money? I could care less what they said about me though.

"Yah Sim Y/n, Lee Sohee! Why are you riding the bus? You're gonna take that from us too?" Minjun says, stepping on my foot.

"Ow... Minjun...stop it." I say in a small voice. I'm perceived as tough, and I try to be. But Minjun and Seoyeon leave me in tears.

No one ever steps up, they're scared of them, as they should be.

"Aww does daddy's baby have something to say now? Just gonna cry, like you always do? Go ahead, cry." Seoyeon says right after she started to put pressure on Sohee's feet.

"Y/n!" I hear a voice from the front of the bus. Its Jungwon.

"Y/n you forgot your jacket..." He says as he walks to my seat.

Seoyeon and Minjun step back as they hear his voice. They look at each other, and then look at Jungwon, then at me and Sohee.

I slowly grab the jacket, but instead of taking it off his hands, I brought his hands with it. He looks confused, but he plays along. I scoot to make room on the seat, and pull Jungwon to sit with me.

Minjun and Seoyeon both have their jaws on the floor. "So um... what's your name? Are you single?" Seoyeon says and Minjun follows  "It would be such a shame if a guy with your looks would be single"

They make my blood boil. They were ready to drag me two seconds ago.

I can't believe Jungwon turned them into the nicest people in the world just by breathing.

Sohee looks at me, and I look at Sohee. We can definitely use this as an advantage. But rumors would go wild.

"Jungwon, Homeroom is Mr. Hong, Science. To answer your question, actually I don't have a girlfriend. But I don't like girls who make fun of my friends" He says in a nice smile.

He has the same Homeroom as me... how did I never notice him? It's the second semester. Jungwon doesn't ring a bell either, so why did I never notice him...

"Hey! You don't get to say that to us. People in our school don't even know you, you're probably paying Y/n and Sohee to hang with you anyways." Seoyeon rants. Wasn't she hitting on Jungwon a few seconds ago?

They finally walk away, thank the gods. "Hey...thank you so much for that, and i'm so sorry they made fun of you too..." I felt bad for him, but i'm more relieved.

"Don't feel bad, they technically called me cute for a few seconds, didn't they? You would do the same, right?" He asks

"Nope, I would love to make fun of you. I would call you Mr. Not-Popular. But then again, you're my Mr. Not-Popular." I smile back at him.

"Well if we got married would you be Mrs. Not-Popular or would I be Mr. Popular?" He plays along.

"Mrs. Not-Popular, duh. I'd rather live in your circumstances than mine. Away from everyone, no one in your business Now that would be a life to live." I answer.

"What ever you want honey." He says and we laugh. After that it's an awkward silence. I just look at him and he just looks at me. His eyes are mesmerizing, just like it first time I saw him.

I look away and I feel embarrassed. After that we don't talk for the rest of the bus ride.

I feel the bus stop, and we're at school, finally.

I get up and so does Sohee and Jungwon. I walk to the front of the bus and grab my my student id out, so I can get in the school.

As I step out of the bus, with Sohee, I hear my name being called out. "Sim Y/n!Come over here!" I look in that direction and see Jihoon, Doyun and Hayoon.

Every girl thinks they're soooo cute but in reality they're just another bunch of annoying teenage boys. They've hit on us multiple times, but we usually either ignore it or tell them off.

We stop and look at each other. "Should we go? We still have time" She asks. I nod my head, "I'm curious this time."

We walk our way over to them. And they all chuckle. Jihoon, the one who controls the other two dimwits, grabs my hand.

"What do you what this time?" I take his hand out of mine.

"You. Me. Spring Dance." He says as he lifts up my face.

"Haha no. And stop touching me." I move his hand off of my chin.

"Don't tell me you're going with one of the nobodys you posted, does anyone even know them?" Hayoon

"I'm not. Either way, I would never go with you. Don't bother us again, bye boys." I say grabbing Sohee's hand.

We walk into school and go to our lockers. I grab my science textbook. That reminds me...

"So apparently, Jungwon is in my science class, and Jay is in your science class. Coincidence? I think not" I say.

"Mhm... thats cool, and I know. Jay told me. But about what happened back there... are you really not going to the dance?" She says.

"Woah woah woah... you already knew?? Is Jay you're new best friend now? I thought we told each other everything... I obviously am going. It's always hilarious to us every couple act so... awkward. I'm all for flirting and flirty relationships, but committing to one? Too much work." I say.

"Okay okay. I'll tell you everything from now on. But we don't have anything to wear yet. The dance is in like 2 days. We should've gone shopping instead of eating out yesterday." Sohee says.

"Mmm okay... we can go today. After school, it's not like we have anything to do. Your mom will let you right?"

Sohee nods her head, "You know my mom doesn't care about me. She's never seen me as her child, just another waste of space I guess. The amount of times i've stayed over at your house. I'm basically your dad's 2nd daughter."

"True" I glance at her. She's putting lip gloss on. Its a pretty color. Then I notice the label.

"WOAH- hasn't that been sold out for like..ever? It's so hard to find. Where'd you get it?!?" I grab the bottle from her

"Actually uhm... i've been meaning to tell you something. I- I uhm... its a gift from my boyfriend..." She says.

I laugh, "You're funny. You don't have a boyfriend. You would tell me. Either way, there's no way he would be able to find this. He must have to be rich. Now be honest, where did you get it?"

"It's been almost a month and a half now... i'm sorry for not telling you. He wanted to keep it a secret. Not even the boys know." She slipped it.

"WOAH WOAH WOAH- HES ONE OF THE BOYS?! Spill. All is forgiven. Well if you let me borrow that.." I say grabbing the precious gloss from her hand.

"Jay. Obviously. Why do you think I was so calm with him? He's my boyfriend, duh" She says.

"No way, I was like that with Jungwon. Prove your his girlfriend. If you are, i'll even try commit to a relationship." I argue.

"Mhm. I'll prove it too you. Good luck on your new relationship."

The bell rings and we both go our separate ways.