Chapter 29 ~ Missing

(A/N - I COULD NOT FIND A GUY WEARING THE MASK SO UNLESS I FIND ONE OR IF SOMEONE ELSE FINDS ONE AND SENDS IT TO ME, THIS IS LE PHOTO FOR NOW)

___________________________________________________________

Y/N's POV

Finally, after hiding for so long in my house, Ms.Alister let me out. I know she just wants to protect me now and is trying to do good, I'm just glad to be outside for a change. The warm breeze on my face, the sound of people laughing down the streets, truly makes me feel like I'm actually home instead of in a prison.

Ms.Alister agreed to let me go out only to get some fresh air so I can't break her trust and go somewhere else. It's too risky since we don't know if Glitch had other "friends" of his. Plus the people in the city still think I might cause trouble again, I need to redeem myself before I walk outside again.

I have received notice that Glitch is contained in a secure location, far away from here. I trust S.H.I.E.L.D but it doesn't mean I'm not worried. Monsters like him cause pain and destruction, I don't want that to fall upon the people in my world.

I pass some people as I walk and I look above to see on a big screen some reporters. Their words leave me speechless...

"After the last incredible fight seen a month ago, People are still questioning the actions of the heroic hero Shadow Spider. Was she controlled to cause so much destruction or were her actions intentional?

We have tried asking members of the avengers like the famous Tony Stark but we have received no response. But from sources coming from the people attacked, we have some details about the person behind the spider's mask. She has H/C hair and E/C color eyes as seen in this photo from the battle we are about to show you." 

A photo of me fighting is showed on the screen, luckily the hood of the costume Glitch made for me didn't allow the camera to catch my whole face, only the corner of my face is seen in the blurry photo. I sight and pull on my hood, making sure it's covering my head properly as I walk a little faster. You gotta lay low Y/N, just for a little while...

As I walk down a much calmer street with the hood of my sweater over my head, I notice some flyers. I stop walking and turn towards them. They are all the same, each has a picture of a child, smiling from ear to ear. I look at the top of the flyer and my eyes widen. The word MISSING in bolded black stands out on each one of the flyers.

What's going on! Why are there so many of these suddenly?

I read one of the flyers and I cover my mouth in surprise as I look at the description and photo of a little girl.

___________________________________________________________

MISSING

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CHILD

IZZY SUMMERS

Age: 6 / Height: 3,7 / Weight: 41 lbs

Last Seen Wearing Light Grey Shorts and Teal Long Sleeved Shirt

LAST SEEN ON JANUARY 24

If Seen Contact the Number Below

* * * * * * * * * * *

___________________________________________________________

It was the same girl I rescued from that fire. In the photo, she is smiling, holding her lamb plushie tightly as her mom and baby sibling smile with her. As I'm trying to process the information I realize something. She was last seen on January 24...that's more than 2 weeks ago! She has been gone for a long time, what did no one tell me. This is not a coincidence, all these cases occurred around hers. Who is causing all this is it connected to the fact the other heroes haven't checked up on me. Maybe they are working on this case. I need to get to the bottom of this!

As I'm thinking about how I'm going to approach this problem, I hear a voice.

"Unfortunate isn't it?"

I turn around and see a man. He is wearing a black mask with a reflective design of...dragon teeth? It covered his mouth and his eyes are piercing metallic silver. I regain my composure and respond, trying to look as natural as possible.

"Yes it is, I hope the families of the children are doing okay"

He nods and turns the other way making me think he is about to leave but he just continues to stand there with his back facing me.

"Don't get any ideas...we wouldn't want you getting hurt would we?"

I furrow my eyebrows and cross my arms as I try to figure out what he is up to. This guy is sketchy but I can't make a scene, not in the middle of a street where there.

"I'm sorry but what do you mean by that?-"

He turns his head towards me and cuts me off.

"You know exactly what I mean L/N..."

Before I can reply to him, he vanishes into the crowd like an illusion. Thoughts cloud my mind like a storm.

How does he know my name? I have never seen him before!

Is he a spy?

A villain?

A psychotic maniac waiting to kill me?!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

So much for a nice walk in the sunshine-