CHAPTER 1: BLAME THE DRESS

PLAY THE VIDEO ABOVE AS YOU READ THE CHAPTER

Warning: there are some mentions of mature content such as blood, abuse, killing, torture etc throughout the story. Be warned.

"I may have fallen into a dark place, but I'll always rise because the strongest person isn't the one who never falls, but the one who falls and gets up"

MILA'S POV:

It was raining hard and the sky was blacker than the darkest ebony, with only the bright, full moon to illuminate a path through the darkness. The roar of thunder was the only noise that could be heard as the adrenaline of killing another target coursed through my veins.

I'm an assassin: I get rid of the trash of this world in return for money. I'm known as the 'scarlet phantom'- So if you want to avoid my wrath, you better run cause I won't have a second thought about taking a knife and piercing it through your heart. Killing to me isn't just killing- it's a way of being creative, a way of mastering an art. Painting the floors with the victim's blood like Leonardo Da Vinci and embroidering words on the victim's flesh like Vivienne Westwood. It gives me control, but is also a way of letting my emotions out- just like fighting you could say: only a more extreme form. It's the only thing I know how to execute with perfection and the only thing I've ever truly been taught...

MOSCOW, 1996

I was in the court yard conversing with Katażina when Miss Piotrka strolled through the double doors of our brick red school. I already dreaded the next test the she-devil would put me through.

She looked at me and the corners of her tainted red lips curved upwards, as if she knew my exact thoughts. "Mila and Katażina you are too join me for your exam in the ring".

Katażina and I willed our feet to follow her into the tall building. I was anxious of what would happen.

We walked throigh the long halls until the she-devil stopped in front of a red door with a gold label reading outdoor ring.

I took the first step and pushed the heavy door wide open. Katażina and Miss Piotrka followed ensuite. I stared in front of me to be met with a metal structure formed into a ring. Stone walls surrounded the place to ensure no one tried to escape.

I jumped in fright as I felt a breath on my neck. Slowly, I turned around to be met with Miss Piotrka looking at Katażina and me intently with a slight twinkle in her icey blue eyes.

She opened her mouth and spoke, " Both of you get into the ring , this is a test of your strength and I want to see you fight until one of you is dead."