CHAPTER 2: ONCE UPON A TIME IN... HELL

PLAY THE VIEDO ABOVE DURING THE FLASHBACK

Warning: there are some mentions of mature content such as blood, abuse, killing, torture etc throughout the story. Be warned.

"Being alone has a power that very few people can handle"

MILA'S POV :

NIGHTMARES: a horrific reminder of my past, but I can choose if they torture me mentally,  making me dive deeper into a dark pit of despair, or be the key to my motivation in overcoming my hardships.

I chose the latter even if my nights would still be plagued by the terrifying dreams, but at least I didn't let them make me go insane and deteriorate my humanity.

I woke up at one in the morning with sweat beading on my forehead and my right hand reaching under my pillow for my blade. I always did that: it was a habit of mine and one that protects me from my demons, a personal life line...

FLASHBACK :

Moscow, 1997

"A ha, I see our little miss Vitaly has grown up and is refusing to scream from the pain. Looks like you're stronger than I previously thought...", her words lingered in the air, giving a heavy weight to what she'd just said.

"Well how about we see if you scream when we bring your family in and torture them before your very eyes. After all you did try and escape little Vitaly!"

"You don't know where they are...", I whispered, my voice reaching out to her strained with suffering through my stubbornness to not back down to the harpie.

"Ohhhhhh, I might not know where your twin is but I know where your precious mama, papa and two little sisters are.", she laughed hollowly, without heart as only a void was left in place of where a soul should be: a chasm of disgust, hatred and the most vile creatures to roam this Earth resided within that woman's chest.

" You wouldn't do that to me: you can't! Does your most precious student mean nothing to you anymore?"

"No... She doesn't actually. You're of as much worth to me as a worker is to a rich man: you may bring in the cash but I could replace you easily at any next moment if I wanted to. You should be grateful your spine is even still in your back you worthless runt. I'm not just going to let you watch your family in suffering- I'm going to make you help me induce it.

"You're a monster!"

"Bring them in."

I sat helplessly in the chair as I watched my family enter the dungeon. My hands tied as I watched, waiting in agony and suspense.
My little sisters who were only three years old, four years younger than me, looked at me: tears streaking down their bruised, once doll like faces. I Knew that the She-Devil was cruel, but I didn't know to what extent. The unvarnished truth is that my family is going to die and I won't be able to do a single thing but watch...