chapter 5

bryce pov
"are you sure addison?" there's so many ways i could get home so i didn't want addison to feel pressured to let me stay at hers for the night. "yes bryce i'm sure, it's late as it is and after all you've done for me tonight the least i could do is let you stay over" addison said, me finally accepting her offer. i wanted to stay all along but i had to make sure that addison was certain she wanted me to.. i didn't want her feeling uncomfortable in any way.

we quietly walked into the house, not wanting to wake up any of addison's family. as we went into addison's room, addison ran into her closet, bringing out some sweats and a shirt for me to wear that i must have left here when we were together.. it was cute that she still had them.

after getting ready for bed, i walked out of addison's bathroom, seeing her wrapped up in bed looking as cute as ever. as much as i wanted to just cuddle up to her right now, i had to ask her if she wanted me to sleep elsewhere.. "do you want me to sleep on the floor?" "yes bryce, you sleep on the hard, cold floor whilst i'm all wrapped up in my bed" addison joked, proceeding to tell me she was kidding and patting her bed signalling for me to come lay down. i turned off the lights and did as she asked.

addison pov
bryce was so cute asking if it was okay to sleep in the bed with me.. of course i wouldn't let him sleep on the floor and i'd have a better sleep with him by my side anyway. all i wanted to do was cuddle up into his arms like we used to.

as he got into bed he left a bit of space between us, both of us laying on our backs. i turned onto my side so that i was now facing bryce and he soon did the same, causing us to lock eyes. i looked at him softly, him finally realising what i wanted. bryce extended his arms, inviting me to cuddle up to him and that's exactly what i did. it felt so good to be able to fall asleep in his arms again, i missed this so much.

-

"morning bryce" i whispered as i slowly began to wake up.. "morning addison" bryce replied as he rolled over to face me, burying his face into my chest and wrapping his arms around me. "how did you sleep?" i asked, bryce telling me he had a great sleep with me be his side, tightening his grip around me.. "you're so cute" i said to him.. he really was.

we stayed in bed for a bit longer, it already being noon by the time we had gotten ready for the day. whilst bryce called the car repair service, i opened my phone to see several texts from dixie, so i decided to call her..

addison: hey dixie
dixie: hi addison, hope you're okay. griff told me about everything that happened with tony last night. i'm so sorry, i love you.
addison: thank you dix, i love you so much. luckily nothing escalated too much with tony, i'm glad the boys were there.
dixie: talking of the boys.. how was your night with bryce? i know you said he was giving you a ride but i didn't know he was going to stay over
addison: oh my god dixie, his tyre got punctured so i let him sleep at mine, no big deal
dixie: yeah yeah okay addison whatever you say.. i told you that we'd get the ship sailing again, but griff and i are going to get food so i'll speak to you soon
addison: bye dixie

as much as i loved dixie she could be so annoying at times, i mean she wasn't completely wrong though.. i tried playing it cool but she just knows me too well for my night with bryce to have been "no big deal". i loved it so much. i wanted to fall asleep with him every night.

bryce and i ordered some lunch and then headed downstairs, bryce letting me know that the guy coming to fix his car would be here in about half an hour. "hi addison" my mom said to me, turning around and looking confused as she saw bryce.. "hi bryce, nice to see you again" she said, bryce greeting her back. "bryce got a nail in his tyre so i let him spend the night" i explained to my mom, clearing up the confusion.

by the time we had finished eating, bryce's tyre had been replaced, him saying that he should probably leave soon.. "wow bryce what's the rush?" i joked. "trust me i'd love to stay here all day but i need to edit my youtube video" bryce replied. he's been working really hard on youtube lately and i love how passionate he is about it.

we headed back to my room, both of us wanting to talk about us and what we wanted for our relationship before bryce left. "i feel like i'm still not ready. like you said last night, having so much to do is new to us now but soon we'll be able to handle it better. as much as i would love for us to be together, it's probably best that we wait just a bit longer."

bryce pov
"you're right addison, if we get back together i want to spend as much time as possible with you and i feel like now that time would be very limited and that's not something either of us seem to want." even though we both wanted to be together, as of now we just weren't ready to be. we continued to talk about us and where we stood, both of us stating that we weren't ready for relationships and when we were, we wanted it to be with each other. we knew how much potential we had and it wouldn't be fair to let that go without us giving each other a proper chance.

"bryce.. do you promise that you won't get into a relationship with anyone else?" addison asked me.. "of course not. i promise." the only person i want to date is addison, no girls catch my eye like she does.

***
"i'm sorry but no girls catch my eye like she does" ;)
AND THANK YOU FOR 1K READS