chapter 8

bryce pov
we weren't even an hour into the movie and addison had already fallen asleep, snuggled up to me as i held her in my arms.. i guess some things never change. addison sleeping was the cutest thing ever, she was so precious.

it was now 10pm.. not too late but addison was obviously tired so i decided to turn the movie off. i was about to grab the remote but my slight movement must have woken addison up.. "hey" i whispered as she rubbed her eyes. "did you enjoy the movie?" i joked, addison giggling and cuddling back up to me. "what time is it?" she asked, me telling her it was 10. "i should probably go then."

"you can stay if you want.. i know you're tired and who wants to drive when they're tired? plus you're already all cuddled up to me ready for bed" i said, both of us laughing at the last part. "i didn't bring anything to change into though." i walked over to my closet and grabbed her a pair of my sweats and a hoodie, addison thanking me and going into the bathroom to get changed, me then doing the same.

"goodnight addison" i said as i got under the covers. "goodnight bryce" addison replied as she cuddled up closer to me, both of us soon falling asleep.

-

i woke up to a sleeping addison so i grabbed my phone, turning it on to see a message from riley..

riley: hey bryce, i had a fun time at the party the other night.. wanna hang out today?
bryce: hi, glad you enjoyed the party but i'm kinda busy today

i wasn't busy at all.. well i sort of was because i hoped to be spending the day with addison. i just didn't want to hang out with riley but i didn't know what else to say.. it's okay though, it's not like i was completely lying.

i then saw addison beginning to wake up.. "morning addi." "goodmorning" addison whispered as she hugged me.. i loved sleepy addison, always wanting cuddles and affection. we stayed in each other's embrace for a while longer until i said we should probably get up.. "noooo" addison groaned, holding me tighter and doing her signature pouty face that got me every time, making me give in.

"addison come on let's get up it's almost 11, we can't just stay in bed all day." "why not? what else have you got to do?" "nothing, but we can go somewhere and have a day out or something" i replied, since a lot of places were slowly starting to reopen. "okay okay just five more minutes" addison insisted, grabbing my arms and placing them around her.

addison pov
when bryce finally convinced me to get out of bed, we got ready for the day and decided that we'd go out for some food. whilst i was finishing doing my hair, i heard bryce sigh.. "what's up?" i asked, sitting down next to him.

he passed me his phone, showing messages between him and riley, bryce's last reply being left on read..

riley: too busy to hang out with me? :(
bryce: yes, what's with the sad face?
riley: idk i though you'd wanna hang but i guess that kiss meant nothing to you
bryce: you're right, it didn't.

"i don't know why she's so obsessed, but hopefully her leaving me on read means that she's realised i don't want to be with her" bryce told me. "it's fine don't worry about it.. let's go get some brunch." not going to lie, riley's messages did annoy me but there was no point in me being annoyed considering how bryce turned her down so quickly. "okay let's go" bryce said, grabbing my hand and taking me to his car.

we were seated outside and whilst we waited for our food i saw a camera in the corner of my eye. i turned around to see paparazzi taking pictures of bryce and i. i wasn't very familiar with paparazzi, having only a small number of encounters with them pre-lockdown. as i told bryce, i could tell he was becoming annoyed.. "it's okay bryce" i said softly, attempting to comfort him.

bryce clearly feeling unsettled, i walked up to a waitress and asked her if we could be moved indoors, her immediately complying. "bryce we can go and sit inside" i said to him, both of us going in. "thanks addison, i don't know why they can't just let us eat in peace and i don't want everyone to make a big deal out of us hanging out you know?" "yeah i get it" i said, holding out my hand for bryce to hold.

after we had eaten bryce asked what i wanted to do and i suggested that we should go shopping.. because who doesn't love a bit of shopping? as we walked out and into the car we saw the paparazzi again, this time them filming us.. "hey addison! hey bryce! how was your food?" "it was really nice" i replied. "so are you guys back together?" "no, we're just friends" i said. "oh okay, have a good day guys" he said, bryce and i both saying bye back as we got into the car.

"just friends.. hmm" bryce retorted with a smirk on his face.. "well what did you want me to say?" "no it was a good answer, i just think it's funny" "why?" "because last night said differently" bryce responded, both of us giggling knowing it was true. "but seriously i think we should keep it on the low for a bit.. i know when that video is posted people will be quick to make their own assumptions but let's just stick with the friends thing for a while." "okay homie" bryce said smiling, making me smile too.. "homies for life."

bryce pov
when we got to the mall, addison went into sephora, dragging me along with her. i could swear we were in there for hours. we then went into several other shops, addison making many more purchases than me.

we then left the mall and went to get some dinner, deciding on chick-fil-a. we went through the drive through, reminding me of our iconic car lives back in 2019. "remember when we used to go live in the car?" i asked addison.. "of course i do!!" she replied, us continuing to talk about it while we ate.

we had hardly been on our phones today, but addison turned hers on to take a selfie of us. she then opened instagram, soon seeing two posts from tiktokroom, the first being the pictures of us from the restaurant, with the caption looks like #bryce and #addison were spotted out today 👀 and the second being the paparazzi video, with the caption oop okay #addison let's us know that her and #bryce are just friends ☕️

despite the odd hate comment, most of the comments were positive such as those reading omg yes , i missed them and happy to see them on good terms. we then came across a comment from riley.. addison deserves better, kissing me one night and then claiming to love her the next. a lot of people have said that addison deserves better, leading me to questioning whether i was good enough for her. "bryce let's just ignore it, she knows nothing about us.. you're the best and i mean it."

***
happy valentine's day !!
i'm not gonna lie i would love a bit of content today but i'm not gonna get my hopes up