chapter 19

addison pov
after taking some time off of social media, i have fully reflected on my actions and further educated myself about the black lives matter movement, whilst also donating money to respective organisations. yesterday i posted my apology, receiving a primarily positive response. i was so glad that people were starting to realise that i've changed and that the retweet from five years ago was not an accurate depiction of who i am today. this situation has encouraged me to be a better representative for change, so i will use my influence in the best way that it can be used, by spreading awareness and highlighting the need for equality and justice.

bryce pov
addison has recently come out with an apology and most people have been very forgiving and understanding. addison also took many steps behind the scenes to educate and better herself, which i am so proud of her for. the hate comments have drastically dropped and addison is feeling much happier again. that being said, i felt like it was appropriate to get back to my plan of asking her to be my girlfriend. 

i decided that i wanted to take addison on a little getaway somewhere. yeah i wanted to take her on a trip to make asking her out special, but i also felt like she deserved it for her wellbeing, to have time to relax and de-stress, whilst also allowing us to be able to go out in private, without being disturbed by paparazzi.

our options weren't too open due to many coronavirus restrictions still being in place, so as much as i'd love for us to go somewhere like the maldives or bora bora, we couldn't. so i decided on malibu, where i booked us a suite with a floor to ceiling panoramic view of the ocean. i had also paid for the romantic retreat package, which would give us our own private stretch of sand as well as a special welcome to malibu and a romantic dinner reservation.

i would be driving us there tomorrow, so i packed my bags for the trip and headed over to addison's, excited to tell her the news. after being let in by her dad, i went up to addison's room, opening the door and laying down next to her. after we just cuddled in bed for a bit, i told addison that we would be going to malibu tomorrow. she thanked me and packed for the weekend, asking non-stop questions, some of which i gave false answers to, not wanting to ruin the surprises i had in store.

-

when addison and i arrived at our hotel, our bags were taken to our room for us whilst we were directed to our private beach area within the hotel's seaside hideaway. we were taken to a table in the midst of scattered rose petals and fairy lights, which was set up with chocolate covered strawberries and chilled champagne.

as we walked over to our table, i looked at addison who was gazing at the setup in awe.. "since when were you mr romantic?" addison joked before thanking me. "this is so cute, you really didn't have to do all of this" she said as we sat down. "i know you haven't been feeling your best recently so i wanted to take you on a little getaway for the weekend for you to relax and clear your mind."

i poured us both a glass of champagne as we tucked into the strawberries and admired the view of the ocean, listening to the calming sound of the waves as we chatted the afternoon away.

we then went up to our suite, both of our eyes widening at the size of it. we followed a trail of rose petals, which led us to our bed, on the middle of which were towels shaped like a heart.

i told addison that the dinner reservation we had booked for us was in a few hours, so both of us took showers before starting to get ready. addison wore a silky white dress, which beautifully defined her curves, complimenting her look with some gold hoop earrings, whilst i wore a black button up shirt and some grey trousers, finishing off my outfit with a gucci belt.

addison pov
"wow you look so good" bryce said as he stood behind me, wrapping his muscly arms around my waist. "you don't look too bad yourself" i joked as i turned around and kissed his cheek.. he looked so good, i loved when he dressed up. bryce had really gone all out with this trip and i was so grateful.. who knew he could be so romantic?

once we had arrived at the restaurant, bryce and i were taken to an elevated gazebo, which was adorned with white lights, where we would enjoy our candlelit dinner. we shared an appetiser, the seafood lovers medley for two, before moving onto our main course, bryce ordering oven roasted filet mignon, and myself ordering falafel and vegetables. we finished off our dinner with dessert, i enjoyed a trio of sorbets whilst bryce enjoyed a triple chocolate cake.

bryce pov
after our dinner, i took addison to the beach, where i would ask her to be my girlfriend. i held her hands and looked into her eyes as we sat on the sand beneath the starlit sky.. "addison, you make me the happiest guy in the world and you'd make me even happier if we were official.. so will you be my girlfriend?" i asked her, wanting to keep it short and sweet. "of course i will be!!" addison replied as we fell into a passionate kiss.

when we got back to our room, we became lost in intimacy and passion as we shared one of the most lustful nights with one another. it was finally official.. again. addison was my girlfriend and i was her boyfriend, hopefully it would last more than three days this time.

***
thank you for 7k reads !! <3