chapter 6

addison pov
it's been about two months since the party. tony has completely stopped with his taddison shit and we haven't spoken at all since that night. as for bryce and i, we text pretty much everyday and call each other quite often.. but just as friends, both of us agreeing that would be best.. but would that still be best?

a few weeks ago we went into a lockdown due to the rapid rise in corona virus cases. at the start of the lockdown i was pretty busy, having to find ways to transfer all of my meetings and work online. but now, with everything sorted, i'm not busy at all.. i'm bored, like so bored. i haven't had this little do in months. that being said, my mind has been consumed by one thought.. bryce. he too was nowhere near as busy anymore, so maybe it was time to finally make us happen again.

bryce pov
with quarantine, the boys and i are so bored and we're over it. so tonight we decided that we'd throw a little party. i know that we're in lockdown but the guest list is small.. at least i think it will be, we haven't invited anyone yet. it was a last minute idea josh came up with while we were sitting around the pool earlier today.

i texted a few close friends, most of them saying they'll be there. then i decided to call addison, and because of how we're supposed to be quarantining, she said she wouldn't be coming. as much as i'd love to see her, i get it.. and on the bright side we've been talking a lot more recently, both of us being not so busy anymore.

-

i got ready and headed downstairs, music blasting and the smell of alcohol all over the house. there were so many people here.. i thought it was only going to be a small thing but clearly the boys had other plans. "yo josh what happened to this being a small party?" "got a bit carried away when inviting people, but we may as well enjoy it while it lasts" josh responded, taking a shot and giving me one too. it was going to be a long night..

addison pov
bryce had told me about sway having a party tonight, but instead i decided to stay home and watch netflix. i've just finished my third movie of the night and it was pretty late so i figured i should probably get some sleep. after getting ready for bed, i opened instagram and i honestly wish i hadn't..

at the top of my feed was tiktokroom's post of bryce and riley kissing. i felt my heart drop, my eyes beginning to water.. but before the tears came out i stopped myself. what was i so sad about? we weren't dating so i had no right to be this upset.. i guess it just hurts to see someone you love so much kissing another girl. i really thought that we were about to make a comeback, but i guess i was wrong.

i then remembered the day after the party.. bryce promising me that he wouldn't be with anyone else, who was i to stop him anyway? i guess i'm just going to have to get over it. i turned my light off and tried to get some sleep, but i couldn't. all i could think about was bryce and riley.. was it just a hookup? or not even that, maybe just a kiss? was this going to go further? was this already something? as much as i needed to, i couldn't take my mind off the topic. all i was doing was creating what could be unnecessary stress and sadness for myself. it could be nothing and here i am in bed at 2am working myself up over it.

-

bryce pov
i woke up this morning not really remembering much.. last night was such a blur. i opened my phone and my feed took me by surprise, being flooded with a video of riley and i kissing. i did not remember this at all.. but i just ignored it, it was only a kiss, no big deal.. right?

i then went on to twitter, seeing three tweets from addison on my timeline..

whoisaddison: oh
whoisaddison: :/
whoisaddison: i see how it is

were they about riley and i? they had to be, what else could they be referring to..? it would be too much of a coincidence for them to not be about us. addison and i weren't even dating or talking or anything but honestly i get it.. i was the same with her and tony and i guess we have been speaking a lot more lately, so maybe this was a bigger deal than i thought it was.

addison is the only person i want to date. i've said it once and i'll say it again.. no girls catch my eye like she does, and i'm going to do whatever it takes to make that known to her.

i didn't know how good of an idea calling or texting addison would be, so instead i decided to send her some flowers. i chose some purple ones for her, that being her favourite colour. they were a bit pricey but i didn't care.. i don't play when it comes to addison, she deserves nothing but the best. i chose to write her a message too..

you say you see how it is, but i can promise you it's not what it looks like

i didn't put who it was from.. that's something she'd have to figure out herself.

-

addison pov
"addi i have something for you" my mom said as she knocked on my door, me telling her to come in. she came in carrying a bouquet of expensive-looking purple flowers. "they're so pretty!!" i said, taking them from her as she left my room.

reading the note i was so confused and the fact that i didn't know who they were from just added added to my bewilderment. but then i was taken back to my tweet.. i see how it is. my tweet was referring to bryce and riley.. were the flowers from bryce?

i didn't know if i was right but i certainly hoped that i was. it would confirm that there's nothing going on between bryce and riley hence him saying it's not what it looks like and it would also be showing me that bryce wants braddison just as much as i do. i had to find out if they were from him, so i sent him a text and just cut right to the chase..

addison: did you send me flowers?
bryce: ;) did you like them?
addison: i love them !! thanks bryce.. and i liked the message too hehe
bryce: i thought you would

i knew it. looks like i'd actually be able to sleep tonight.

***
i wasn't going to update today but i've been updating daily with the last five chapters and i didn't want to break that, so i hope you enjoyed :)