Chapter 40

The Su Family's New Year's party was held tonight.

When Mother Shen and Father Shen arrived, there were already a lot of people in the venue. Liu Fang and Su BoNian at the door personally welcomed them in. They were obviously treating them with great importance.

Mother Shen glanced at the other guests. She was familiar with some of them, but she never spoke to any of these people before. Mother Shen nodded at one guest who looked over, then sat in an inconspicuous corner with Father Shen to quietly wait for the party to end. There was no need for them to take the initiative and greet anyone here.

Liu Fang and Su BoNian stayed by the door to welcome the guests but later, whether intentional or not, the Su couple brought some business people with them to greet the Shen couple.

Father Shen and Mother Shen were polite on the surface. Father Shen talked about the current economic situation, and Mother Shen mentioned her gardening skills. It looked like they were talking freely, but in truth, they didn't say anything of substance. But Su BoNian and Liu Fang didn't mind. What they wanted was to show people they had a relationship with the Shen family. If the relationship between the two families looked good, then in the future, it'll be relatively easy to ask the Shen family for help.

"Didn't the Shen family rely on the Su family's money to avoid bankruptcy?" Some of the guests secretly gossiped. "But why is it like this? Rather than the Shen family, it's the Su family who's fawning over them."

"If the Shen family collapsed, it wouldn't matter. But the problem is, the Shen family didn't fall. Even if the Shen family recently experienced a catastrophe, in the end, they're still top-level giants. There are a lot of things money can't buy."

"Does that mean that the Su family gained nothing? Not only did they lose money, but they still have to grovel to them..."

"Didn't Su Hang marry Shen Xi? Maybe they're looking for long-term rewards. The Shen family only has one child. In the future, won't the Shen family assets all belong to the Su family?"

"So their loan was actually a direct acquisition?"

"Hm, spending 3 billion yuan for the Shen family might be good. After all, acquiring the Shen family means you also get all their contacts."

"Spending 3 billion for all that...the Su family has good insight."

"It's a pity Shen Xi married that bastard Su Hang though."

"Speaking of, I wonder why they didn't come today?"

"I heard the relationship between Su Hang and the Su family isn't very good..."

"Oh no, most of the Su company shares are in Su Hang's hands. If the situation is really like as you said, then the Su family..."

"Not necessarily. After all, isn't Mr. Shen and his wife here right now? You should know, Mrs. Shen rarely attends parties."

"Also..."

Su MingLi, who sulked in the shadows, had an ugly expression as she listened to the gossip. Today, half of the people attending came for Su Hang, and the other half came for the Shen family. Why is it that she has to depend on a beggar-born illegitimate son for a living?

The more Su MingLi thought about it, the angrier she got. She took a sip of her red wine, then slammed it on a nearby table. Her diamond bracelet clinked on the stem of her wine glass.

"Ah, MingLi, come here." Liu Fang noticed her daughter and beckoned her to come.

Su MingLi frowned and didn't move.