Chapter 47

It took fifty minutes for Shen Xi to arrive at the Su company. On the drive over, Shen Xi had thought about what exactly could make Su Hang want to smash things.

Shen Xi went through her memory and found that Su Hang seemed to have never lost his temper in front of her. Even during Shen Xi's last life, the most Su Hang would do whenever he got angry at her was to stare at her silently. His self-control had always been iron-clad so back then, Shen Xi had thought that Su Hang was a man that didn't experience any emotional ups and downs.

"Madam." Fang Yu met Shen Xi at the elevator doors.

"How is he?" Shen Xi looked towards the closed office door and asked with concern.

"He's calmed down." Fang Yu replied. "But the president is still in a bad mood."

"Do you know what happened?" Shen Xi questioned.

"I don't know." Fang Yu shook his head. "I only know that they seem to have argued about something."

"I understand." Shen Xi knew about Su Hang's abysmal relationship with the rest of the Su family, but she also knew that Su Hang still somewhat cared about his father, Su BaiNan.

Otherwise, Su Hang wouldn't have taken over the Su company and left 8% of the shares to the Su family. Su Hang also knew about Su BaiNan's new company, but he never hindered its inception. Shen Xi knew that although Su Hang didn't like the Su family, he still ensured that they had a way to live. It was just that the Su family wasn't satisfied with this.

As these thoughts circled her mind, Shen Xi approached the office door and gently knocked twice.

"Come in." The voice she heard was cold and stiff. Shen Xi found it both familiar and strange. Strange because Su Hang had never spoken to her with this tone in this life, but familiar because she often heard it during her last life.

Shen Xi opened the door and entered. It seemed that the office had been cleaned up, as there were no traces of disarray.

"What is...Xiao Xi?" Su Hang lifted his head and found that it was Shen Xi who had entered. He abruptly stood up from his chair in surprise. "Why have you suddenly come?"

"I missed you." Shen Xi replied with a smile.

Delighted, Su Hang put down his pen and walked around his desk towards her. When he arrived in front of Shen Xi, he didn't know what to say. Su Hang could only instinctively embrace his wife.

It seems that every time he felt downhearted, Shen Xi would always appear in a timely manner.

Just like when he had been abandoned when he was a child. While living in the orphanage, he encountered a little girl who danced to buy him some slippers.