Chapter 1

11 Years Later

Estella POV:
I walked through the halls of my school with my head down. I never had the easiest life, my parents hated me, they would beat me, call me worthless, treat me as a maid. My stomach was littered with bruises, my thighs had a few as well.

Eventually I made it to my destination, the principal's office, I was called out of class a few minutes ago and wasn't given a reason. I made a effort to not get in trouble or my parents would give me a extra beating.

I walked in and saw my principal, a police officer, and another man with tattoos, who I did not recognize. "Estella, take a seat." My principal directed.

"What's going on sir, did I do something wrong?" I asked nervously.

"No, no, uh. Estella, your parents—" he stopped. I was so confused is that why a police officer is here?

"Your parents were killed in a car crash this morning. I'm so sorry." The police officer added.

I was shocked, frozen, am I actually free from them? Or this is a joke and they will punish me for believing it. "W-whats going to happen to me?"

"We had a DNA test and uh, we found something else." The police officer got down my eye level to say the rest. "This is going to be a lot to take in, but the DNA matched that of a Estella Morrieti." I was confused my name was Estella Williams. "It turns out you were kidnapped when you were three."

Suddenly a tear slipped down my face. I had to go through years of torture from people who kidnapped me? They said they never wanted me. So why did they kidnap me? "We have found your biological family." My eyes lit up. "However it seems your biological parents are deceased." And like that that light in my eyes was crushed. "However you have a older brother who has agreed to take you in."

I swear this officer needs to stop talking like that he's making this a emotional roller coaster.

"Really?" I sobbed. "When do I get to meet him?"

"Right now." The officer motioned to the man with tattoos sitting in the corner.

I almost forgot he was there.

He stood up and walked up to me. His eyes had a bit of light when he saw my eyes "Hi Stella." He smiled.

"Um, hi, what's your name?" I asked timidly. The light in his eyes was soon hidden by a mask of a black.

"Xavier." He looked at the officer. "Now if that's all I'd like to take my sister home."

"Of course."

We walked out of school to the parking lot. We stopped in front of a Lamborghini, which Xavier got in.

Holy crap he's rich.

I got in carefully, trying my hardest not to ruin the nice car. He drove off going a regular route. "W-w-where are we going?" I whispered.

"Were stopping by your old house, grab whatever u want from the house." He said with much authority, never gazing away from the road.

Soon enough we arrived at my house—well old house. I quickly ran inside and grabbed a small backpack, there wasn't much I wanted, I packed some old clothes, then my stuffed animal bunny, named Floppy, and finally I walked over to my mattress and used a knife to open the stitch carefully to reveal my necklace. It was one of the only things I've had since I was a child, I wore it once but my fath— the person who kidnapped me saw it and took it, I snuck into his room one night to get it back. I always thought it was important. I put it around my neck and walked out, not looking back.

I got in the car and Xavier was on the phone, speaking in another language....Spanish? Italian? I don't know. However he ended the call a few seconds after I got in the car. "Sorry that was Grayson, he was wondering when we were going to be home."

I nodded but thought for a moment. "W-w-who's Grayson?" He looked at me with sad eyes with a hint of—anger?

Shit shit shit Stella you shouldn't have said anything now your gonna be hit.

I braced myself for the hit but it never came, instead Xavier just looked at me confused. "Grayson is your other brother."

I gulped. Why didn't he hit me over such a stupid question. "I have another brother?"

Xavier chuckled. "Yes, in fact you have four, including me. Grayson is the second oldest, he's twenty-two, then Soren and Samuel, they're both sixteen, but Soren's older by a hour."

I nodded. "How old are you?" I know it's rude to ask but I couldn't help myself.

"I'm twenty-eight. And you ask a lot of questions little sister."

I looked down. "Sorry." I mumbled.

He took his eyes off the road for a few seconds. "No need to apologize Principessa, I know you don't remember us." He said voice filled with sadness. He cleared his voice. "We live about three hours away, so if you want to sleep, feel free to."

He didn't have to tell me twice, I'm emotionally drained from today. As I faded away to sleep I heard a soft voice come from Xavier.

"Sweet dreams princess."