Chapter 11

3rd Person POV: (a month later)
It was quiet in the Morrieti mansion. All five siblings were tucked away in their bed sleeping, until all were awoken to a horrendous alarm.

Xavier was in his room, but when the alarm went off he immediately knew what it was.

We're being attacked. He thought to himself. He went to his closet and flipped the switch that opened up a secret door in his closet.

His arsenal.

The oldest Morrieti immediately grabbed all the weapons and ammo he could carry and ran out of his bedroom.

Greyson awoke to the alarms but started coughing violently.

Not now! He thought to himself. Any other time, but not now.

Pushing through his coughing fit, he went to his closet and grabbed a large machine gun and used the strap to secure it around his chest. He grabbed some other weapons as well as ammunition and ran out into the hallway.

When Soren and Sam awoke, both went to their dressers and pulled out their handguns and a few extra rounds of ammunition then ran outside their doors.

All the Morrieti boys were in the hallway when they saw Stellas door open. "What's happening?" Stella asked scared.

"We're being attacked." Xavier responded quickly. Stella was in shock she didn't know why or who. She noticed the large machine guns her two eldest brothers had and wondered why they had them. "There's no time to explain, Sam take Stella to the safe room, stay with her."

"Yes Capo." Sam replied to his older brother. As he quickly ushered his little sister away.

"Soren, stay with me. Grey figure out who's attacking—" before Xavier could finish he saw red lights flash in the hallway.

Shit. All the boys thought to themselves. Red lights meant whoever was attacking was already in the building.

"Go! Stay safe." Xavier said as the three eldest Morrietis ran to defend their home.

"In here!" Sam whisper yelled to his sister as he lead them to her bedroom. He locked the door behind them then went to her bathroom, also locking the door.

"Sam what's going on?" Stella sobbed.

Instead of answering, Sam pulled the cabinet door in her bathroom sink open and lifted the false floor to reveal a hidden staircase. "Hurry get in!" He ushered.

Stella sobbed as she went into the dark stairwell. Sam got in behind, closing the cabinet door, and putting the false top back on.

Sam took his phone and used his flashlight. "Sam what's going on?" Stella cried.

"I'm sorry Stella but we have to be really quiet right now." Sam whispered as they went down the stairwell.

When the stairs stopped they were in a semi large room, with couches, mattresses, computers, and emergency food. Aka the Morrieti's safe room, each bedroom had a stairwell leading to it. The safe room itself was behind the bookshelf in the the study.

Sam ran to the computer and started typing pulling up a live feed of the houses security cameras. Stella gasped from behind him when vision of the Morrieti's men being shot and killed showed on screen. "Don't look!" Sam tried to comfort her.