Chapter 2

Estella POV:
I awoke to sounds in the background, I opened my eyes and saw I was in a beautifully decorated room. I was startled until I remembered the events of the day.

Right, parents/kidnappers dead, with my brothers now.

Someone must have carried me from the car, maybe they are nice, they won't hit me.

Sure like that would ever happen.

I got out of the bed and looks around the room, it was huge, beautiful windows, queen size bed, I opened one door to reveal a massive walk in closet, then another door that lead to a bathroom. Marble floors, huge shower and a separate bath tub.

Wow my brothers must be really rich.

I opened another door and it lead me to a hallway, as I was closing it I noticed a gold plaque with Estella Adriana, my first and middle name, written in cursive.  On the other side of the hallway was another door with a similar plaque, however this one said Soren Alexander, this must be my brothers room.

Wow that's a weird thought. Brother.

I wandered the halls getting closer to the noise, until I found a large staircase which lead me to a living room. I stopped when I saw someone sitting on the coach playing a video game. He looked maybe sixteen, he must be Soren or Samuel. I just stood there until he noticed.

"Ahh!" He let out a high pitched scream. Which startled me. "Jeez you scared me!"

Suddenly a stampede of footsteps rushed to the living room, it was Xavier and two other boys, one was a teen and the other looked to be in his twenties.

"Stella are you okay?" Xavier rushed to me. "We heard a scream."

"Uh y-ya it wasn't me."

The other teen laughed. "I thought I recognized that scream, it was Soren!" The other boys laughed expect the one on the couch—Soren. Meaning the other must be Samuel, I looked at them and thank god, they're fraternal, it would have been really confusing to remember who was who. Although I do have a really good memory.

"Haha very funny Sam, it's not my fault Stella snuck up on me. You know how focused I get when I game." Soren said.

"Anyway, boys, greet your sister." Xavier announced.

They all looked at me in amazement. The older one, Grayson walked towards me. "You look so big." He said before pulling me into a hug, which I flinched, that didn't go unnoticed. He immediately pulled back. "Sorry I shouldn't have done that, Xav says you don't remember us." He looked down.

I took a breath. "I-I-it's okay." I stepped forward to hug him, he looked like he really needed it. He was surprised but soon hugged back.

"Hey I want one!" Soren announced and jumped off the coach, soon enough we were all in one big group hug. I never liked being touched, but I do admit having my real family hug me felt good. I never got to experience this when I was with my kidnappers. I'd see people at the park do it when I walked home from school and I was jealous. Now even more jealous because it feels nice.

We pulled apart when Xavier got a call, which made him go to his office. This left me with Soren, Samuel, and Grayson. "So." I said trying to make conversation. It was weird, I never tried to talk to anyone, I was a loner most of my life, but her I am trying to make conversation.

"So." Samuel said.

"Can I—uh—know about you." They looked at me weird then smiled.

"Of course," they pulled me to the couch, which made me flinch again.

Shit they keep noticing.

"So if you haven't figured it out yet I'm Samuel, but everyone calls me Sam," he paused and smiled. "You used to call me Sa-sa" I feel bad being the only one without memories of them. "I'm a junior, I like music and soccer."

He looked to his twin, "I'm Soren, I'm older" he said which got him a stink eye from Sam which was a little funny. "I play basketball and lacrosse. I have a girlfriend named Aria, that I've been with for a year and a half, and, I don't know Gray you go."

"I'm Greyson, I'm your favorite, don't forget it." This made me laugh, and he looked at me making me self conscious. "You still have the same laugh" he took a breath. "God it's like only yesterday you were helping me make a slip and slide of olive oil in the kitchen." Soren, Samuel and I started laughing. "Mom was so mad, she kept saying how stupid the idea was."

"I mean to be fair Soren did fall and break his arm." Sam said.

"Oh ya...I forgot about that. Maybe mom was right." The boys laughed and I just sat there for a moment.

"What were they like? Mom and dad?" The boys turned to me with sadness.

"They were the best." Grayson smiled. "It was no secret you were dad's favorite. He always had a soft spot for you. He'd take you to get ice cream all the time, and you would always bring me back some. Mom was the sweetest, she loved us all equally, but you were her little girl, she used to dress you up for galas and make us wear a tie that matched your dress. When you were—uh it broke their hearts. It broke all our hearts."

Silence filled the room. I want to know how they died, but I don't have the heart to ask.

We were sitting in silence until Sam spoke. "Come on, I wanna show you something."

We got up and walked into the dining room, it was huge, large table, but we stopped in front of a large painting. In it was a beautiful woman with brown hair, and brown eyes. She looked just like me. Next to her was a man, tall, brown hair as well. Around them where four kids. All boys, in matching suits, and in the women's arms was a baby. "Is that?"

"Yes."

"That's mom and dad." Sam whispered.

"Thats Xavier, me, Soren, Sam, and you." Grayson said pointing to each child. I had never seen a baby picture of me. I looked so happy. My parents looked so happy.

"What we're they're names?" I asked timidly.

"Romero and Alessandra."

"They would have loved to see the woman you have become." Another voice, Xavier said behind me. I looked back then to the painting and smiled.

This was my family.