Chapter 3

Estella POV:
"ESTELLA GET IN HERE!" I ran into the kitchen and saw my mother fuming. "WHY THE HELL ISN'T THERE ANY CLEAN GLASSES!"

I froze, I knew I was forgetting something. "I-I-Im so sorry I forgot, it won't happen again!" Her face turned red.

"IT BETTER NOT! But to insure it doesn't I think you need to be punished."

I started backing up. "No no no please."

My mother grabbed a dirty glass from the sink and threw it at me and it chattered, cutting my skin. I yelled out in pain.

"HONEY, BRING THE BELT SHE NEEDS TO BE TAUGHT A LESSON!" She called out to her husband.

No no no please no

He walked up to me and cornered me, taking off his belt. Once it was undone he started whipping me.

Xavier POV:
I was in my office working when I heard muffled screaming from downstairs.

Stella.

I grabbed my gun and tan downstairs to her room. I basically broke the door off trying to get in, expecting a intruder, but was met with Stella alone in her bed thrashing and screaming. Soon enough the others ran in, guns drawn. I quickly gave my gun to Grey and ran to Stella.

She was thrashing her arms so hard she was hurting herself, I had no choice but to pin her arms down. "STELLA!" I tried. "STELLA ITS JUST A DREAM HONEY WAKE UP!" Her shirt started lifting, then I saw it. Countless purple and green bruises all over her stomach, some old and new. "STELLA!"

She finally gasped out of her trance and looked around in fear. Without thinking she clung to me, crying.

A few minutes later she managed to calm down. "Stella." My voice cracked. "Lift up your shirt."

She looked at me wide eyed. She started vigorously shaking her head. "No-no"

"Stella I saw the bruises." My brothers gasped, I'm assuming they didn't see them when I did.

Tears flowed down her cheeks. I quickly wiped them away. "Please Stel." Her lips quivered. "I just need to check them."

She looked away and raised her shirt. "Oh my god." Grey mumbled under his breath. Her stomach was completely purple. I looked closer and saw the scares. So many of them. There is no way this was a accident.

"What. Happened." Soren growled.

She gasped. "Soren get out, your scaring her."

"But—"

"Now, Sam you too." They both left reluctantly. Anger on both their faces.

Greyson sat down on the other side of her on the bed, his eyes were puffy like mine. "Principessa what- who did this to you?" Grey cried.

She sniffled. "Please tell us princess. I just want to help."

I'm honestly surprised I'm able to keep my cool right now. I would usually be breaking everything in sight but I can't scare her.

"D-d-did your kidnappers do this to you?" I whimpered. She nodded and I breathed in and lost it. I started crying.

Something I have done since the day she left.

She cried herself to sleep in my arms. After she was in a deep sleep, I carefully passed her to Grey. "Take care of her. Don't leave her tonight." I said getting up.

"Xav where are you—"

"Don't worry about it." I said walking out the door. Soren and Sam where in their rooms and I went to do something I haven't done in a long time.

I went to my office and unlocked my drawer. I pulled the false top off and reached and and grabbed it.

Still wrapped in plastic I took a bit out and placed in on the desk. Making lines with my black card, I did a line.

Then another.

Good I missed this stuff.

I couldn't protect her. I failed. I'm sorry mom. I'm sorry dad. I'm sorry Stella, I'll never forgive myself.

And with that I did a few more.