An Enigma

For being such a tall building, you really didn't expect the hotel to feel this... cramped.

Everything appears to be on the ground floor, aside from all the guests' rooms obviously.

There's the lobby, which is connected to a little lounge area with bench seats and a few small tables.

The kitchen is also fairly close by, with a little dining room area next to it for all the hotel guests.

Or lack thereof.

There's even a heated swimming pool with some green, possibly algae-infested water.

Jesus, have these people ever heard of chlorine?

You'll keep your judgements to yourself for now though. You'll try to be nice, but hopefully Charlie's willing to accept some constructive criticism.

Vaggie and Angel followed the two of you around for a bit, before going off to do their own thing, leaving you alone with the Princess.

The two of you are walking down the hall of... the sixth floor, maybe? You've kinda lost track.

Namely because everything above the first floor is nothing but empty hotel rooms.

So. Many. Hotel rooms.

"So, Charlie." you say, trying to start up a new conversation.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" she asks with a friendly smile.

"Um... what was all that stuff earlier about 'Alastor'? Should I know who that is, or something?"

Her eyes bulge open in surprise when you say the word.

She chuckles nervously, saying "Oh yeah, that..."

Putting a finger to her chin as if deep in thought, she adds "Honestly, it was just a way to make sure you weren't like a secret henchman of his, or something."

"I have literally no idea who he is, but, hypothetically... if I were a secret henchman of sorts, don't you think I'd just lie and say that I don't work for him? You know, just tell you what you want to hear?"

"True. But I can normally tell right away when a mortal might be lying to me. It's a trait I got from my father." she explains.

"Oh." you reply. "That's kinda creepy. Can you like... read my mind or something?"

She giggles, saying "Nope! I just, uh... have really good perception I guess."

You notice a door near the end of the hall suddenly swing open, and a shadowy figure quickly steps out into the hallway.

Although it's a considerable distance away from you, there's something really suspicious about the creature as it stands there, with its back turned toward you.

"Uh, Charlie? Who's that?" you quietly ask, pointing a finger toward the mysterious figure.

"I... don't know..." she replies. "Maybe it's-"

The creature suddenly turns its head, revealing a large single eye on its face. In an unnerving female voice, it utters the word "Charlie..."

It charges toward the two of you at full speed, bearing a menacing grin with razor-sharp teeth.

"Shit!" you exclaim, grabbing a hold of Charlie's arm and throwing open the door of a nearby hotel room.

You sprint into the room with Charlie close behind, slamming it shut behind you, just before the demon could make it to your location.