Extending an Olive Branch

One of the infamous creatures sent from Heaven every year to "cleanse" Hell's population.

You've never seen one up close, and you hoped to God that it would stay that way.

The dark figure slowly approaches you and Charlie, with a terrifying grin that easily rivals Alastor's.

It's dressed in a long dark grey robe that covers nearly its entire body. Its enormous bright white wings are outstretched, making the angel appear larger still as it slowly closes the distance between the two of you.

Instinctively, you turn toward the Princess, and you gasp in horror.

She's lying unresponsive on the ground, resting on her back. The enormous blast of energy must have knocked her out. Or worse.

"No!" you shout, running toward Charlie.

You kneel down to see her more closely, and her eyes are firmly shut. Her chest is gently rising and lowering, so at least she's still breathing.

You are filled with a sudden rage that boils up inside of you. This fucking asshole nearly killed her.

Your hand clenches into a tight fist as you turn back around toward the exterminator angel.

"You bastard!" you scream, fire in your eyes as you raise your arm to strike at him.

You may be unarmed, but you're not completely defenseless.

The angel raises up one of his own arms to the sky, but it's not shielding his face.

Your fist nears the angel's jaw, but just as it's about to make impact, you freeze in place.

You can't move, no matter how hard you try to force yourself. A strange blue glowing magic surrounds your fist, preventing you from moving.

"Quite the fighter, aren't you?" the angel asks in a mocking tone.

You notice that the angel's own hand is glowing with that same blue color as well. His magic must be emanating from it.

"You almost killed her, you asshole!" you shout.

"Indeed..." the angel says. "And I must admit, that was not my intention. I had hoped she'd be conscious to hear my offer, but no matter..."

"Why the Hell would you even do that, anyway!?" you ask.

The angel scoffs at your question, before giving you an unsettling deep-pitched laugh.

"Well... I had assumed that the official Grand Executioner of Heaven should make a bit of an entrance before descending down to this... cesspit you call home..."

The angel lowers his massive white wings, and they slowly furl up toward his back, before disappearing from your view.

Maybe he's doing this to appear more... friendly?

"But, be not afraid, human. I have been sent here by the Lord Himself to make you an offer. One which, given your... dire situation, I'd suggest you accept."

So... he's not here to end your life?

The blue glowing magic suddenly disappears from his hand, as does the magic keeping you restrained.

Now freed, you again feel the urge to beat this creature to a pulp for what he did to Charlie.

But... he is putting a lot of trust in you by freeing you.

So, you'll at least try to hear him out.

"...what's your offer?" you ask.

"It's quite simple, really." the angel says. "Heaven will assist you in any way that it can with your Happy Hotel project, and in return, we only ask for a small favor."