Redemption

A few days later...

You're currently relaxing in the hotel's dining room, peacefully enjoying your lunch.

A lunch which was lovingly prepared for you by your girlfriend, before you even woke up this morning.

The greatest damned peanut butter and jelly sandwich you've ever had.

She even left a note for you at the bottom of the paper bag holding your lunch.

A little yellow Post-It note, on which was written "Have a wonderful day, sweetie! Love you! XOXO, Charlie".

Plus, an adorable little smiley face.

God damn, that's cute.

Even when she's not here right now, Charlie still brightens up your day.

You thoughtfully take a moment to gaze upon your surroundings. There's a decent turnout of hotel guests, all happily enjoying their own lunches at their respective tables.

The polar opposite of what you saw in this room, your first day on the job.

Business is definitely booming right now. You've never seen so many customers.

However...

You still don't think anyone has actually been "reformed" yet...

Hopefully that's about to change, though. Xander said he'd put in a good word with the "Big Man Upstairs" about the hotel. Especially after the whole Grand Executioner fiasco.

That was three days ago, and you haven't heard anything from him since.

If no one actually "checks out" of the Happy Hotel, its days are definitely numbered.

You notice the door behind you gently swing open. You don't pay much attention to it, though.

Must just be another customer-

"Oh (Y/N), come heeeere..." a familiar, feminine voice beckons you over. "Got something to show ya~"

"Ooh, and what might that be, Princess?" you ask, turning around to greet your lover.

Your eyes widen in absolute shock.

And horror.

"Angel, what the fuck!?" you yell, immediately getting the attention of everyone else in the dining room.

The spider demon bursts into an enormous fit of laughter. "Heh heh heh, gotcha!"

You groan, rolling your eyes to the ceiling.

As pissed off as you are about his joke, you are slightly impressed with his voice impression of Charlie.

Slightly impressed.

Angel sits down in the seat across from you, as you frustratedly ask "What did you want...?"

"Just to see how you're doing, sweetheart..." he replies, a sultry smirk appearing on his lips.

"Okay, first of all, never, ever, call me that again." you say. "And second, I was doing fine until you showed up."

"Come on baby, don't be like that..." he says. "You know I was just messing with ya."

"Yeah, just... never do that again."

"I make no promises, but I'll try my best." he chuckles. "I actually did need you for something, though."

"What is it?" you ask.

"That angel guy from Heaven just showed up downstairs. Said he wanted to speak with you about something."