Together

You and the Princess stand alone on the rooftop, like the day before, anxiously waiting for the angel's reappearance.

You have your answer for him. You and Charlie unanimously agreed upon it, with there being very little debate between yourselves.

Needless to say, the angel will probably not like what he's going to hear.

There is a noticeable chill in the air as you and Charlie stand together, ready to face him down.

"Take my hand?" your companion asks, a look of worry in her eyes.

Wordlessly, you do as she asks, giving her a reassuring smile that everything will be okay.

"Thank you, sweetie..." she says, with a gentle smile of her own.

No matter what happens, you and Charlie will make your stand.

Together.

With the loud crash of what sounds like thunder, the angel suddenly reappears before you. His enormous white wings are stretched out to his sides, clearly trying to intimidate you and the Princess.

"So... I take it the two of you have made a decision?" he asks.

"We have." you reply.

"Ah, excellent." the angel says. "So, when can we expect Alastor's termination?"

"Yeah, about that..." Charlie replies. "While we appreciate Heaven's generous offer to help with the hotel, we feel that we can take care of things here ourselves."

The angel was clearly not expecting that response.

His eyes widen slightly in surprise, before his brow furrows into a frown.

"You're... refusing our deal?"

"We are." you reply. "We're not going to murder one of our own staff, just to get Heaven's so-called 'help'."

"Hmph... very well then." he says.

He raises his arm up, and you notice it begin glowing with that familiar shade of blue magic. Only, you feel totally fine.

What's going on?

"What are you doing?" you ask in confusion.

You notice Charlie's grip on your hand suddenly vanish, and you turn to face her to see what's wrong.

You gasp in horror, seeing Charlie's entire form completely restrained by the angel's magic.

She is being held down to the floor by his magic, and is unable to move a single muscle.

You see her screaming in terror, but cannot hear her in the slightest.

"Since the two of you actively refuse to cooperate..." the angel mutters.

Reaching his other hand into his dark grey robe, he pulls out a jagged silver dagger.

"...then I'll need to eradicate the problem at its source..."

Slowly, the angel makes his way toward Charlie, holding the dagger firmly in his grip.

"You don't have to do this! Just let her go!" you plead.

The angel scoffs at your words. "My Lord expects results. And I cannot have the two of you get in the way of that."

Raising his blade up, he adds "I'll start with her. Then take on that radio demon bastard myself."

You can see Charlie mouth the words "No, please!"

"My apologies, Your Highness. It was nothing personal..."