The Showdown

11:57 A.M.

It's almost time.

You put your cell phone back in your pocket, and gaze out over the Pentagram City skyline.

You stand alone on the hotel's rooftop, surrounded by countless buildings and skyscrapers, no doubt filled with demons and sinners alike just casually going about their day.

Completely unaware that in just three minutes time, the fate of the hotel and perhaps all of Hell itself will be decided.

You close your eyes and breathe a heavy sigh.

What a shitshow you've gotten yourself into.

The only good part about this whole thing is that it sounds like Heaven might actually be on your side here. If this "Grand Executioner" guy really did go rogue.

How powerful even is he, anyway? After all, he was able to literally freeze your body in place, when he attacked Charlie earlier.

What gives him his power? Does he even have any weaknesses?

Can he even be stopped?

"Hey, honey..." Charlie's voice gently calls from behind you.

She joins you up on the rooftop, greeting you with a soft peck on the cheek.

"Hey Charlie." you give her a smile. "Is everything ready?"

"I think so... we evacuated all the hotel guests to the basement, so they should be safe if things get out of hand."

"Good, glad to hear it." you reply.

"Yeah, me too..." she says, with a soft smile of her own. "What time is it right now, anyway?"

"He'll be here any minute..." you answer.

She gives a small gasp of surprise at your words. She doesn't immediately say anything, but her expression clearly shows you that she's nervous.

"H-hold my hand...?" she asks.

"Of course, sweetie." you reply, before taking a gentle grasp of her hand and intertwining your fingers with her own.

"...thanks, (Y/N)." she whispers, already appearing more relieved by the gesture.

Ignoring the strange parallels between this and the nightmare you just had, it actually reminds you of something else.

Something a lot less traumatic.

You softly chuckle before saying "Just like the day we met, huh?"

"What do you mean?" Charlie asks.

"You asked me to hold your hand, when Reggie first showed up at the hotel."

"Oh yeah, I remember that!" she smiles. "Our first customer..."

"Yeah..." you say, thinking back to the occasion. "It kinda blew my mind, honestly. Getting to hold hands with the Princess..."

"Heh heh..." she giggles. "I guess I just... needed someone to be there for me at the time. I was just so... nervous that I would've fucked the whole thing up, somehow."

"Well I can assure you, you didn't fuck anything up." you say. "And... I'm glad I was able to be that 'someone' to make you feel better."

Charlie lovingly gazes into your eyes, and you swear that you can almost see tears beginning to form in them.

"Th-thank you, (Y/N). For everything. I... I love you..."

You gently cup your other hand against her cheek. "I love you too, Charlie..."