The Stranger

A few weeks later...

"Now Reggie, we talked about this..." you say. "You gotta let that 'burn down the hotel' shit go, man."

"I know, (Y/N), but..." he mutters, looking over your shoulder with a crazed look in his eye.

"...it's just so fun!"

He jumps up and sprints out the room, running down the hall toward the kitchen again, no doubt.

As you stand up to follow him, you can hear Reggie audibly skid to a sudden stop.

"Aww man!" he groans. "Stupid door!"

Stepping out into the hall, you see him standing just outside the new entrance to the hotel's kitchen.

Charlie had a new door to the kitchen installed, one which required a room key, unlike the original door.

It worked great in keeping Reggie out of there. No more sudden, random fires starting in the middle of the night.

However, this meant that every time Reggie wanted something to eat (something that wasn't in his hotel room's refrigerator), someone with a room key would have to let him in.

And after an incident where another hotel guest was nearly turned into a living ball of flame, it was decided that someone needed to look after Reggie when he needed to make himself something to eat.

Usually, that "someone" ended up being you.

As you walk up to the cycloptic demon, a nervous expression appears on his face.

With an uneasy smile, he says "(Y/N)! I was uh... kidding about the whole 'burning down the hotel' thing! I was just... hungry, that's it!"

"Uh huh..." you mumble, not buying his words for a second.

"No, really!" he assures you. "Could you let me in, so I could make something to eat?"

"You know what, fine." You say. "But I'm not letting my eyes off you for one second."

Rolling his eye, he sighs. "Ugh. Whatever."

You unlock the door for Reggie and he steps inside. You are about to follow him in, when you feel a light tap on your shoulder.

Turning around, you see Vaggie, with a somewhat concerned expression on her face.

"Hey (Y/N). I need to talk to you about something, really quick..." she says.

"Is it about Reggie? Don't worry, I'm making sure he's on his best behavior. Right, buddy?" you call out to him.

"Oh yeah, totally!" he replies, before you hear something shatter on the floor.

You and Vaggie wince at the sound, which was no doubt a dinner plate breaking.

"Oh shit." you hear him mutter. "Uh, I'll clean that up, don't worry!"

You sigh, before turning your attention back to Vaggie.

"No, it's not about him." she says. "It's about Charlie. She seems a bit... scared for some reason."

"What for?" you ask.

"I tried asking her what was wrong, but she wouldn't tell me anything. I feel like... she'd probably open up to you instead."

"But you're like her best friend, Vaggie. If she wouldn't tell you about it, then why would she open up to me, of all people?" you ask her.

"She seems to trust you. A lot. So... you'd probably be more successful than me." she replies.