The Getaway

"ᴡᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʟɪᴠᴇꜱ

ʙᴜᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʟɪᴠᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ ᴡʜʏ

ᴡᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ"

~

Playlist link- https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6mFJWjO3wulkpDJgVEGLP4?si=a409264e4e894721

MIX TAPE

*YOUNG GIRL BLUES- DONOVAN

*OUT OF THIS WORLD- THE CURE

*OUTCAST- THE ANIMALS

ALESSIA

My name is Alessia Gotti, I am 17 years old, and my family kill people. I go to school with murderers, arsonists and thieves. Some of my friends are liars. Some of my friends don't belong in all of this shit. Some are cowards. And some of my friends are dead. In this world you are not threatened by some school yard taunt. You mess with the big leagues and you're just a dead person walking. I'm 17 years old and I'm too young to be doing this shit. We are all too young to being doing this shit.

~

Fluorescent blue mixed with green coming together to form a blaring, nauseating turquoise light that shone through the bus. The strip lights on each side were staring at me, grinning, sneering. A lump was in my throat, and had been for the past 10 minutes, and I- I didn't think it was ever going to leave. The 2 other people sitting across from the three of us, were also staring our way, but I didn't care so much about them. I looked down promptly at my hands caked in dry blood. I didn't want to think who it belonged to. I didn't exactly know, but his blood was on me somewhere. Somewhere. It burned, like-like holy water on the un-dead. If I wanted to be dramatic about it, maybe that's exactly how I felt. The people didn't even hide their stares. They knew. They knew what I did. Petra sat beside me, staring gloomily out the window, her thick black makeup smudged in several places. Billy sat in the seat behind us, and I didn't have to turn to know he was silently crying, the tears streaming down his face. Fucking hell, I needed to get off this bus. Everyone was staring. The lights. I wanted them to just-just explode. Leave me alone. Everything was too bright. The vehicle let out an exhausted sigh, dropping a few centimetres, stopping to let passengers off and on. I stood up, and Petra and Billy must've been thinking the same thing as they followed quickly without a word. The three of us piled off the bus, crossing the road, walking under the overpass, lit only by a fire bin that some homeless people stood around in the distance. That's when my stomach lurched, and I threw up behind a bush, my legs trying to steady themselves. Billy was pacing back and forth, tears streaming down his cheeks. Petra stood looking rather emotionless , at the two of us.

"What the fuck happened?" She muttered. She was the first to ask what the two of them had been thinking for the last 20 minutes. Billy put his hands on his head letting out a sob that sounded more like a yell. My cracked lips parted, then closed, before opening again.

"I thought it was a firework or something-they were just-just there. They shot him. He-was dead when I got there" I said quickly "They fucking shot him" I repeated, maybe to drill it into my own head. I didn't feel sad now. There was only anger. No, it was rage. The Sotos Vatos had ruined everything. We were so close. So fucking close. We nearly got out. Chester was dead. Things could have gone back to the way they were. Now, now they could never.

"W-what do we do now? Sia? Sia, shit, talk to me. What the hell do we do now?" Her voice raised. She was scared. More than I was. But not as much as Billy was.