Unexpected assistance

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞

𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞

𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝"

~

MIXTAPE O11

*Your Song-Elton John

*I Fought the Law-The Clash

*Dance Away Love- Xdreamysts (A wee bit of local punk for y'all ;)

~

I was 6 years old when my father sat me down at the table and told me what he did for a living.

"I'm a bad man, Sia" He would say. But he was my father. He was my hero. I was proud of him. He was important. We could afford things now. Everything was going to be okay.

My father became the Godfather a month after my mother was murdered by his brother, and because the Gambino Crime Family was on top, so was he. The boss of bosses. The Kingpin of everything. I wasn't so proud of him by that stage. Not after what happened. He wasn't the same after she died. None of us were, but he could be cruel, and I needed a father more than anything.

"Can you hear me?!" He yelled at me, I sitting at the table, two plaits running down my back. A glass of whiskey was in his hand. The Outfit was having a meeting, and I'd overheard something I shouldn't have. Something I didn't understand, but he didn't see it like that.

"God, damn Alessia, you know the rules. You broke the rules" I always broke the rules. I wasn't like Cole. I couldn't comply. I wouldn't.

"You're going to that damn school with your brother." I'd pleaded with him. Told him, I'd be good. But it wasn't even about disobeying him. He didn't mind that. He'd be a hypocrite if it was about that. I looked like her, and that was enough.

~

"A l e s s i a"

"Can you hear me?"

"Alessia"

"ALESSIA" I let out a gasp, my deep blue eyes opening, Lex being the first image they registered, as he peered down at me.

"Bloody hell, you're not dead!" He exclaimed comically. I wasn't dead yet, but by the way my eyes looked at him, opening, and closing, it wouldn't be long.

"Neither are you" I croaked out, through cracked lips, a small smile forming, before a grimace of pain.

"Apparently not." He gave me a grin waggling his eyebrows, before he looked down at my blood soaked hands. "Right, I'm getting you to a hospital" My hand caught his wrist, with a shake of my head. I wouldn't make it to the hospital. I think both of us knew that.

"Talk to me" I mumbled, pulling myself up, with an audible grunt, leaving against the wall. He moved beside me, taking my hand, a look of concern on his face.

"You have some balls going after that dude like that. That bitch told me everything. Apologies for telling her about the hotel. I thought she was gonna castrate me" The famous roll of the eyes, furrow of the eyebrows appeared across his face, that made me let out a chuckle, that turned into a cough.

"Lex...how did you survive" I asked, turning to him, the fact of him cheating death still not making sense.

A gun shot ringed in my ear.