The Mardy Generation

"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐚-𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐯𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞"

~

*All Day and All of the Night- Adolescents

*Pretty Vacant- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts (originally by the Sex Pistols)

*Bad Boy- The Adicts (This song right here chief)

*Rise- Public Image Ltd. (Literal masterpiece)

~

2 months later

26th June 1988 [The last day of junior year]

3rd person

All was quiet. The school was in darkness. Only two sets of heartbeats. The figures the heartbeats belonged to emerged from the shadows, quietly and cautiously. The girl, shadows running across her face raised her gun at the creak of a floorboard, before the boy shook his head, pulling her behind the wall. The only light that shone through, was the sunlight that crawled through the gaps in the closed blinds, illuminating their faces, dancing and refracting as they moved again down the hallway. The boy walked behind her turning his head back and forth in each direction, his spiked knuckle dusters raised. One more step of the girl's black combat boots, before the floor seemingly gave way, someone taking a swipe at her legs. She fell back, before flipping over, landing back on her feet to meet her attacker, fans in tow. Her fingers wrapped around the switch blade in her belt, flicking it out, the gun she held being pushed onto her back with its strap. The two fought, calculated and ruthless. It was only when another figure appeared behind the boy, that they made their mistake. The girl took the gun throwing it towards her acquaintance, and side by side, he shot the target, before she made a run and jump, swiveling around the figure with the bladed fans bringing her to the ground. 

"Oh dude you ruined my last shirt!" Billy Bennett exclaimed standing up from the floor, poking a hole through his crumpled shirt, where the bb pellet hit. The lights rose, to reveal Master Zane standing in front of them with the rest of the class. Alessia who had tackled Maria to the floor, let out a giggle, holding out a hand for her friend as she too stood up. 

"Alright. End of term grades" The man spoke in his confident stance, looking at a clipboard he'd made notes on. "Salazar, nice footwork but don't get distracted. A minus. Bennett....well..." He contemplated, even his mood better than usual, seeing as it was the last day of term "you were there for moral support. B. Gotti, good reflexes you got there, you and Miller worked well together. You both get A's"

Lex put his hands on his head, with a yell, that was more like a screech of triumph. "I've never got an A before!! Suck my arse, you wankers!"  

Alessia laughed at her boyfriend, Billy giving him an encouraging pat on the back as the bell rang, the class dispersing to lunch.

~

"All I'm saying is, if you got a whole bunch of bananrama fans and chucked them into Niagara Falls, the world would be a better place" Petra muttered, her head resting on her hand, her dark black painted eyes looking at her friends.

"I think the bananarama fans would disagree" Alessia laughed as she and the others from combat class joined Marcus and the girl at the table. 

"You's guys ready for tonight?" Maria asked. The girl now sat with the rats much to the Soto Vatos' dissatisfaction, still glaring over at her once in awhile, to which Alessia gave them a little comical wave, turning her head back to the table. The Soto Vatos had been taken over by Juan's parents, and apparently they hated El alma del diablo a lot more than they let on, some even saying they thanked the teenagers for getting 'rid' of him.