twas' the night before Christmas

"𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝"

~

MIXTAPE 004

*Drastic Actions- Bad Religion

*The Holy Hour- The Cure

*All We Ever Wanted Was Everything- Bauhaus

~

24th December 1987

Kings Dominion, San Francisco

SAYA

Maria and Marcus's shit caught up with them eventually, and I can't deny I believed they deserved it

Maria and Marcus's shit caught up with them eventually, and I can't deny I believed they deserved it. Wherever they were, I hope they were proud of what they did. Dragging us all through the dirt with them. A lot had changed, in the weeks after that night. Master Lin was nowhere to be seen. Madame Gao had informed me that he had lied about his wife and daughter dying. I was disappointed in the least. But, honestly it just made me question, what else had he been lying about?

I thought about Alessia Gotti often. She was once my best friend, but see, that's where me and the girl had our differences. She didn't see the big picture. She was reckless. After she met that rat, and started hanging out with them, she'd always done her own thing. She would always do her own thing. And I? I couldn't associate myself with that mess. I would honor my father, and lead the Syndicate if it killed me. This was my life. I didn't have time to care.

The sound of my black patent heeled boots ricocheted off the wooden floors of the interrogation room, as I turned my back, opening the large doors before closing them behind me with a dull echoing thud. The soles of my shoes continued to make a beat of their own, as I traveled down the underground hallway, making my way to the main part of the school. Upon arriving at what was once Master Lin's office, Madame Gao sat behind his chair, pouring herself a cup of tea. Her dark eyes rose in alignment with my own, her blood red lips forming in their usual pout.

"Nothing. I got nothing" I spoke, as if answering her unspoken question, standing in front of the desk, my hands robotically going behind my back.

Madame Gao had taken over her brothers role, and everything was different. Kids didn't go out at night anymore. Kids didn't go out at the weekends. The Graveyard was off limits. And why should they? I mean we were killers. The less people knew about us the better. I'd grown to respect the woman. She was made of stone, and reminded me of my father. I watched her intently as she gracefully plopped a sugar cube into her tea, before stirring it with a small embellished silver spoon, bringing the cup automatically to her lips.

"Give it time." Her words came out like hardened caramel, setting the flower patterned china cup upon the table, crossing her ringed fingers. "They always break. I want you to go through Alessia Gotti's locker, her room. Search everywhere"