Ch. 12, Beyond Death

Chapter Twelve

Trigger Warning: Harassment, Violence, Graphic

You open your [e/c] eyes slowly as the effects of Chloroform began to fade from your system. Your body still felt limp but you could scarcely feel ropes binding your arms and legs. A cloth was locked around your month. Suikotsu must have tied you up while you were unconscious.

Observing your surrondings, you found yourself in a dimly lit room that resembled a basement. A flickering candle illuminated the room's dirty tile and spider web filled walls. You peered down at your bloodied clothing. Were you cut somewhere? Did Rin get injuried? You blinked rapidly - urging blurry memories to piece themselves together in your foggy mind.

Suddenly, the room's door creaked open. Suikotsu steps in - each step causing your heart to beat faster and faster. He looked at your suffering state in amusment. Grabbing a chair, he sat before your tied up body.

"Did I wake you, [Y/n]?" he smirked, "You're so beautiful I can't help but come in here and stare at you."

You angrily glare at him, fighting against the tightly knotted ropes around your body.

"You've always been so beautiful [Y/n], even when we were working at the clinic," he blushed, "looking at you always made me so excited.

You cringe in digust. To think someone you saw as your younger brother, viewed you in such a disgusting way.

After much work, you managed to remove the binds around your mouth. Saliva dripped from your chin - creating an unsettling sight that seem to further excite Suikotsu.

"What happened to you Suikotsu?" you asked. Suikotsu was a loving man. He stood by your side and helped you aid the village people in the clinic. You considered him to be family.

"You left me [Y/n]" he said, wide eyes staring at your helpless frame, "You left me all alone. Why did you leave?"

"Kotsu," you pleaded, "I had to go. I couldn't handle being a doctor anymore. It hurt so much."

"But why didn't you tell me first [Y/n]? Why? Why? Why?"

He lost it You thought. As Suikotsu began to mutter incompetent phrases to yourself, you shake in terror. A dangerous man peered deeply into you as a distorted expression covered his face. You now knew that the sweet hearted Suikotsu you've known for yours was gone. Unless, he was finally showing you his true colors - a crazy stricken man.

"That's why now," he smirked, "I'll make sure we always stay together."

Suikotsu pushed himself off his chair, making his way towards you and kneeling infront of your limp body. His hands begin to trace the lining of the knots that restricted your movement.

"To see you like this [Y/n], it makes me so excited," he watches you with lustful eyes, "I want to have you like this forever."

"I'll never be with you," you mutter, "I'd rather die than live here like this."

You would never be with such a vulgar man. Regardless of your past together, Sesshomaru was your one and only love. But where was he now? Sesshomaru was still on the mountain. Did he know you were kidnapped?

"Sesshomaru will come," you comfort yourself. He was a demon, he must have noticed something was wrong. Your demon linked kimono had blood on it, Sesshomaru would know you were injuried.

"Don't talk about another man infront of me" Suikotsu sneers, grabbing for a lockful of your hair and pulling it towards him, "Has the renowned spiritual healer been bewitched by a mere demon?"

You scream in pain. His hands ripped strands of your hair out as he taunted you without mercy. "Your demon mate will never find this place [Y/n]."

"No Suikotsu!" you yelp, his grip tightening, "Let go! Please stop!"

"No [Y/n], you will have to be punished for being with another man," he readjusts your gag into your mouth, throwing you to the side after.

Tears run down your face. Suikotsu kicks you before angrily walking out of the room and slamming the metal door behind him. You sob profusely from a mixture of fear, terror, and saddness. Sesshomaru, where are you?

In the room you were being held in, time passed slowly. You couldn't tell if it was day or night, hot or cold. Because Suikotsu refused to feed you, all your spiritual energy was depleted from maintaining your own body. How long had it been? How longer would it take for Sesshomaru to come?

As the carefully procured energy you had saved for years finally began to reach it's limit, you shook with fear. Without the stability of your magic, it would have been almost impossible to live without food or water. Now that you are running out, you would surely die - alone in a cell.

You felt your body scream with pain as the last particle of magic was squeeze out of your spirit. Vomit erupted from your mouth. The pain of hunger, thirst, and sleep deprivation slammed you into a numb state. You felt your eyes finally begin to close. The torture would come to an end.

"[Y/n]!" Sesshomaru slammed through the metal doors, "[Y/n] wake up!"

Sesshomaru rushed to your side. He used his claws to instantly remove the ropes around your body. Immediately, you were in his arms. The numerous internal injuries you had sustained were being healed.

"You're here Sesshomaru," you smile meekly, resting your head against his chest, "You're finally here. I knew you'd come."

"I'm sorry [Y/n]," his warmth was a comforting presence that made you melt, "I looked everywhere for you, every day and night."

He clutched your body tightly. You could feel the desperation and fear from his arms. He was in a frenzy state. Small bags laid under his eyes and his usual well kept hair was slightly disheveled. Blood covered his clothes, blood that you assumed was Suikotsu.

"What happened to Kotsu...?" you asked weakly. Sesshomaru's eyes harden and his grip tightened slightly.

"I gave him a punishment beyond death."

[A/n]

Hey guys! Again, it's been a while. I never expected "In Return" to gain so much attention so I apologize for the wait. As a token of my apology, I finished two more chapters. Our conclusion is soon my dear readers.

Thank you for reading <3

-jas