Ch. 15, Romantic Date

Chapter Fifteen

"[Y/n]," Sesshomaru suddenly asked, causing you to jump in surprise. You were kneeling in the garden feeding food to the fish in the koi pond. Sesshomaru had been outside of the cave attending to demon matters the whole day. His arrival scared the day lights out of you.

"Yes, Sesshomaru?" you replied, breaking your gaze from the water and up looking up at the demon.

"Would you like to go out today?"

Sesshomaru stared blankly at you as he watched your face turn into a red tomato. Was he asking you out on a date? All the ladies at the village were asked out on dates when a man was trying to court them! Sesshomaru was your demon mate but still, it would be your first date together.

"Like a date?" you covered your face with the sack of bread crumbs you were feeding to the fish.

"I believe so. I suppose humans call going out with their lover a date."

You interally squealed. A date! Just like the villagers would gossip about. Where would you go? A nearby town? A lake? Or maybe... a love inn?

"Of course!" you immediately lifted yourself from the ground, "Where are we going?"

"To the mountains."

"Mountains?" you gulped. There wasn't anything romantic in the mountains, only rocks.

"Yes," he raised a brow at you. Your excitement seemed to be replaced with disappointment, "Do humans not go to mountains for dates?"

"Well dates are supposed to be romantic Sesshomaru," you sighed, "There's nothing romantic about going to a mountain."

"Rin enjoys climbing the mountain."

"Rin is a little kid Sesshomaru, I'm your mate. It's different."

"I see," Sesshomaru glanced to the floor, "It has to be romantic."

You pouted slightly. The cultural differences between demons and humans were very difficult to overcome. Especially when it came to love. In the beginning, Sesshomaru even confused his love for you with a curse!

"Yes Sesshomaru, romantic."

"I will be back." Sesshomaru disappeared in an instant. You sat in confusion as he disappeared. He was like this nowadays - randomly appearing and disappearing whenever he felt like it.

You massaged your temples lightly. You loved the demon but he could be a headache sometimes. What exactly was he going to do?

You brushed off the thought and focused your attention back to the colorful fish in the koi pond. Grabbing a handful of breadcrumbs, you threw a generous amount at them. A large monster koi fish jumped out of the pond and immediately ate the serving. Water splashed all over your clothing. You face palmed. Of course there would be a monster fish, you were at a demon manor after all.

"I'm going to bed," you handed the butler the breadcrumbs and shuffled to your room. A trail of water followed you.

***

On the other hand, Sesshomaru was busy watching over a human village from a distance. His eyes followed a human couple who shared a kiss. They were young and the man seemed to be heading to the forest in search of wood.

"Goodbye Yuta!" his lover waved goodbye to him.

As Yuta tightened his grip on his axe, Sesshomaru followed him into the forest. He chopped down tree after tree and divided the wood into tinier pieces to sell. Sesshomaru approached the guy from behind quietly.

"Human," he called out.

The man turned and fell back onto his behind. He screamed in terror at Sesshomaru, "A demon! Someone help me!"

Sesshomaru frowned in annoyance as Yuta crawled away from him. He followed slowly and placed a firm foot on the human's back to keep him from moving.

"HELP!!" Yuta cried, struggling under Sesshomaru's foot, "What do you want from me? Please I have a wife!"

"Human," Sesshomaru applied more pressure, "Stop squirming. You move like an insect."

"Help!" Yuta continued to plea, "Someone! Anyone! There's a demon here!"

"Silence human."

The helpless man crawled at the dirt below him but it was no use. The power of a demon was beyond his strength.

"Please, spare me-"

"What is a date, human?"

Yuta looked up at the demon above him with confusion. A date? Was a demon, a man eating monster, really asking for dating advice? Sure, he considered himself to be quite the romantic but was a demon seriously asking for help?

"I-it's when a person goes out with another person they likes...Sir Demon," Yuta gulped.

"And what do you do during dates?"

"We spend time together... like at a restaurant or at a lake... sometimes an inn."

Sesshomaru remained quiet for a moment. What exactly was romantic about a restaurant, lake, or inn? Humans confused him. He pressed the man for more.

"How do you be romantic?"

The man raised a brow A demon was actually asking for dating advice. Just moments ago he was chopping up wood, now he was a demon dating coach.

He hesitated, "If I tell you, will you get your foot off me?"

Surprisingly, the demon complied and lifted his sandal off the young man. Yuta pushed himself from the ground and patted dirt off his clothes. Sesshomaru drew his sword and placed it against his neck.

"Now tell me human, what is romance?"

"Sir demon, do you have a human girlfriend?" Yuta squeezed his eyes shut. Would it be insulting to ask a demon about their love life? The blade was particularly close to slicing his head off.

"Yes," He responded. Sesshomaru promised himself that he would cherish you, it was only necessary for him to learn human culture."She wants to go on a romantic date."

Yuta glanced down at the blade beneath his chin, he had to give the demon the best dating advice ever if he wanted to live!

"Sir Demon," he began "women like sweet and considerate people."

"Yes, continue."

[A/n]

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for your support! <3

-jas