Ch. 9, Hibiscus Tea

Chapter 9

The servants of Sesshomaru's home stared in bewilderment as their new mistress frantically ran around the kitchen.  Their eyes darted back and fourth as you skipped from place to place.  First at the sink, then the oven, then the pantry.  They all began to become dizzy. Sesshomaru's new mate was rumored to be quite strange, but this? This was a different type of odd.

"M-m-y lady, do you need help?" the head butler asks, as you take out a large, sharp knife.  You give him a 'reassuring' smile and shake your head.  Confidence pulsed through your blood, making all the servants unanimously fear for their lives and yours.

Today would offically mark the first month of Sesshomaru and your's relationship.  And to be quite honest, there wasn't much romance.  Despite Sesshomaru's claims of love, he was very unromantic.  Occasionally, he would hug you or hold your hand.  But there was nothing as extreme as the romance novels you used to read.  You were kind of just thrown into this strange demon mate scenario.

"Finished!" you sighed, pouring two cups of freshly brewed tea.  After spending a few weeks in Sesshomaru's manor, it was obvious that human food was frowned upon.  The demons only ever served you bizarre dishes that you had never seen or eaten before.  They didn't necessarily taste bad but you couldn't help but miss the sweet tang of tea from your homeland.  Besides, you were human. Sesshomaru and the rest of his demon staff were going to have to accept your culture eventually, and that included all of your "gross" human food.

"My lady! What are you going to do with that tea? Don't tell me-" the head butler yelped, rushing after you as you placed your tea cups onto a tray and headed towards your demon mate.

"I'm going to serve Sesshomaru my favorite tea," you declared, a slim smile dancing across your plump lips.

"The master wouldn't like that, madam!"

"Yes he will. I made it."

"But madam! Please rethink this, master has very specific taste bud-"

As you walked out of the kitchen, you slammed the door on the head butler and carefully headed towards Sesshomaru. He usually was at the garden, in deep thought about some demon matters you had no way of understanding.

"Sesshomaru!" You called out, walking around the garden and pass the koi pond. "Where are you?"

You roamed around the garden once more, careful not to spill your precious hardwork. "Sesshomaru! Hello?" A hint of annoyance layered your words.

"Yes, [Y/n]?" He finally responded, walking up behind you. Your head whipped around and a smile cracked onto your gentle lips. "There you are! I made you something."

"Oh?"

The two of you walked towards a bench and sat as you explained the mysterious concoction you had spent an hour brewing. "I made you hibiscus tea, it's a drink that humans make. It's one of my favorites!"

Sesshomaru reached out for a cup and glanced down at the dark red liquid. He looked hesitant to drink it. After all besides Rin and you, he literally hated every single aspect of human culture. But he didn't have the heart to tell you. He pulled the cup under his nose and sniffed it, surprising himself at the pleasant aroma.

"Did you make this just for me?"

"Ah.. Yes I did," you blushed. Sesshomaru ticked his tongue. He really didn't want to drink it but you had made an effort to make him something. How could he possibly reject you?

As Sesshomaru began to take a sip, you held your breath. You were famous for your tea brewing skills in the village but in the presence of Sesshomaru's divine taste buds, you felt your confidence slip away.

"It's good..." He finally said after a long silence. You looked down to see his cup was completely empty without a drop of tea in sight. You let out a sigh of relief, "I'm glad you liked it. I was so nervous you wouldn't."

"Make it for me again another time," He replied, lifting himself off the bench and patting your head. You raised an eyebrow.

"Of course, Sesshomaru."

"I have to go out for a while with Rin. Stay here," He pointed at his manor, "we can drink more of your weird human drinks when I come back."

"Oh okay. Stay safe," You mumbled in disappointment. Sesshomaru always had to leave and go out places. He would take Rin but not you, so you were forced to stay in the Manor alone. He didn't want you to get attacked like you were with Inuyasha.

"I'll be quick," he reassured, picking up your sadness and attempting to show affection by awkwardly patting your head.

"Will you? It's so lonely when you aren't here," You complained, "I only have the head butler to talk to and all he does is gossip. I miss the village, Sesshomaru..."

"Do you want me to take you back? The last time you were at the village you died from all the healing they made you do."

"I know, it's just I miss being outside. Can I go with you just this one time? I promise I won't get hurt!"

He stared at you blankly and lowered his hand from your head. Letting out a small sigh, he looked you up and down. Being his mate would make you extremely vulnerable but he didn't want you to be sad. Unfortunately, your moods often affected his. "You'll get attacked again if you go outside."

"Why do you act like I'm so weak? I know a few spells and if anything, you'll be there to protect me!"

Sesshomaru inhales, knowing more about your persistent nature than anyone else,"Is this what you really want, [Y/n]? To go outside?"

"Yes, that's all I want Sesshomaru."

"What's wrong with staying here at the manor? Is it not to your liking?"

"It is," you insist, "but I'm lonely. I want to go with you and Rin. I promise I'll stay safe!"

Sesshomaru stares at you with a hint of annoyance. He was doing this for your own good but you were so persistent on getting your way and he knew that once your mind was set, there was no way to change it. "If that is what you want, then alright. But you must stay be me at all times, do you understand?"

"Yes sir!" You cheered, jumping off the bench and running to your room to pack and get ready for your first adventure outside with Sesshomaru.

[A/n]

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for all your support :)

-jas