Ch. 14, Family

Chapter Fourteen

NSFW! Just a few love bites :)

You hummed to yourself softly as you took a bite out of your favorite meal, freshly prepared by the demon servants at Sesshomaru's manor. Ah the joy of eating delicious food - a foreign feeling that delighted your tastebuds after days without eating. 

Sesshomaru watched in amusment as you happily took another generous bite. You had just awoken from your deep three day slumber after Sesshomaru rescued you from Suikotsu. He waited by your side, not leaving for a second until you woke up. He finally felt at peace seeing his beloved mate in such a happy mood.

"Are you enjoying your meal?" Sesshomaru asked as he gracefully took a bite out of his, "I had the butler prepare it to your liking."

"It's amazing Sesshomaru!" you replied, stuffing your face, "Ah I missed eating so much. Suikotsu didn't feed me for seven days."

Sesshomaru gripped his chopsticks tightly, that trash of a human starved you for a week? He felt his anger begin to overtake him again, perhaps he should have set Suikotsu on fire. "For seven days?"

"Yes, I had to use all my saved up energy just to stay alive!" you whined, "I spent years saving up my energy and now it's all gone."

"I've taken care of that trash," Sesshomaru growled, "You won't have to worry about insects like him ever coming after you again."

You nodded happily. It felt nice to have someone so protective over you. As a doctor, you were always the one healing and protecting. Essentially, you were the frontline. But now, you could rely on someone else to be by your side.

"Thank you Sesshomaru," you smiled, "I wouldn't be here without you."

Sesshomaru's usual stonic face redden. The beautiful smile of his mate made his heart race. How could someone be so perfect? Sesshomaru turned away, careful to cover up his embarrassment. He loved [Y/n] but his pride kept him from expressing it.

Sesshomaru scolded himself. After your kidnapping, he could never forgive his ignorance. From now on, he would cherish every moment he had with you and protect you - even if it mean dying.

"Are you finished?" the demon lord asked as he watched you clean the remains of your plate.

"Yes!" you cheered, "Thank you for the food. It was delicious."

"Of course my lady," the butler bowed.

Sesshomaru nodded and arose from his seat, walking towards the garden. He looked back at you, signaling you to follow after him. Sesshomaru was a man of very little words but you were easily able to translate his little gestures and body language.

"[Y/n]," Sesshomaru finally spoke after walking alongside you in silence, he offers his hand to you, "Hold."

"Hold your hand?" you tilt your head, "Oh o-okay!"

Your heart beat pounds in your ears as your soft fingers interlock with his. You felt stupid. Sesshomaru hugged you and kissed you before but after not seeing him for a while, you couldn't help but get shy. Ah my hands are gonna get sweaty, what if Sesshomaru feels them?

Sesshomaru directs the two of you to the garden and surprises you with newly planted flowers: roses, hibiscus, jasmine, and much more. You gasp. The sight was beautiful and the aroma was absolutely lovely.

You look up at Sesshomaru in confusion. Did he order the servants to plant such beautiful flowers just for you? You felt butterflies in your stomach.