o n e

Grosvenor Square, 1813
Dearest Reader,
The time has come to place our bets, For the upcoming social season. Where young ladies all over the square will make an appearance in front of the queen. A startling discovery I have recently uncovered is that the Viscountess Bridgerton's eldest daughter will be arriving back into the square in hopes to find a suitor. I wish luck to Alyssa Bridgerton in this task, which will end up being very hard to do with her twin brother the respectable Viscount Anthony Bridgerton on her heels at all times. The last we heard was that Miss Alyssa Bridgerton had fled to the country where her cousins reside after her fathers terrible passing. Let's hope she is ready to stay and won't run off again.
-Lady Whistledown.

'Must Lady Whistledown make our sister seem so... what's the word' Anthony questioned while holding the freshly printed sheet of paper.

'Scandalous?' Eloise chuckled, grabbing it from his hands. Before he could reach out to her, she was already at the other side of the room. Giving up he turned his attention to his other siblings giving in to Eloise knowing he wouldn't get it back unless she gave it to him.

'When is our dear sister to arrive home Anthony?' Daphne questioned looking up from the piano where she was playing a song she had made up herself. Eloise had asked multiple times why it did not have a name and insisted that she name the song which Daphne played at least a dozen times a day.

'She is due anytime now Daphne' Anthony perked up in his chair awaiting the arrival of his best friend.

'I see you are happy' Daphne chuckled as she stood up and walked over towards the window in which the carriage would be pulling up very soon.

'Well of course I'm excited sister, she is my twin after all' Anthony replied following her steps and joining her at the window patiently awaiting.

'I know Anthony, I cannot imagine being away from my twin' She reciprocated.

'Well of course you cannot, you are not a twin after all' He smirked at her.

'Ha ha very funny' She replied hitting him on his arm.

They stayed there waiting patiently for the carriage to arrive holding the eldest bridgerton daughter inside. It had been a nuisance being apart and only conversing between letters, but if leaving was what Alyssa wanted to do, who would they be to stop her?

'Will you two please listen to me!' Eloise shouted at them.

'Of course Eloise what is wrong?' Daphne replied, turning around while Anthony still stared out the window.

'I have a theory' Eloise started pulling her little notebook out of her pockets.

'Oh good god, here we go again' Anthony joined the conversation perching on the window ledge turning his back to the window when he probably shouldn't have.

The carriage was turning the corner and was about to pull up to the house while they were all listening to one of Eloise's wild theories.

'What do you think about Lady Featherington?' Eloise asked, looking very serious.

'What about her?' Daphne asked not quite getting where this was going.

'Why Lady Whistledown of course' Eloise snapped putting her hands on her hips.

'It could be?' Anthony answered.

'Yes quite possibly' Daphne added looking at her brother.

'Apart from Lady Featherington would not be able to keep her mouth shut, she would be too busy bragging about it Eloise' A voice spoke entering the room.

'That is quite true' Anthony agreed, not realizing Alyssa had just walked through the door and it was her he was answering.

'ALYSSA' Daphne screamed.

'DAPHNE' Alyssa replied chuckling as her younger sister ran into her arms.

'Oh my would you look at you!' Alyssa cooed over Daphne's looks.

'Me? Look at you!' Daphne replied.

'She is right sister, you look as beautiful as ever' Anthony pushed past Daphne to get a hug from her.

'You're both too kind, although what are these?' Alyssa asked poking at Anthony's sideburns.

'He's been growing them for like forever' Daphne laughed at Alyssa's reaction.

'So it's a no for Lady Featherington?' Eloise asked, not even giving Alyssa a second glance.

'It's a no Eloise' Alyssa laughed at her sister, she knew she had missed her and that she loved her but Eloise didn't show many emotions and she never had. So Alyssa didn't take it to heart when Eloise didn't hug her. In fact it just made her feel like she had never left at all which was a feeling she liked and wished everyone would act like that.

'Did I hear my dear sister is home?' Colin shouted as he came running into the room halting at the door.

'Oh my! Colin!' Alyssa squealed.

'Sister!' Hyacinth came running from behind Colin, Gregory not far behind. They must have been playing tag as they were both out of breath.

'Colin you've gotten so big!' Alyssa said as she walked over to Colin to hug him.

'Is that supposed to be a compliment sister?' He chuckled and hugged her back.

'You know it is! You were never that tall when I last saw you!' Alyssa whispered loud enough for him to hear.

'And you guys! I doubt mother would want you running around the house' Alyssa turned around and looked the two youngest up and down with her hands on her hips acting disappointed.

'Well mother is not here' Gregory smiled.

'Oh I'm only kidding little Gregory, me and your brothers used to run rings around mother when we were your age' Alyssa replied reminiscing about when her, Anthony and Benedict would run around the home knocking objects off every surface.

'Where is our brother?' Alyssa asked about Benedict the only one missing.

'I'm not sure Alyssa, he seems to keep to himself and does as he pleases' Anthony answered her while the rest of them had an idea where he was.

'Well that's quite alright I will catch up with him later. Now Daphne, are you going to show me your dress for tomorrow?' Alyssa questioned.

Daphne squealed before grabbing her arm and dragging her out of the room and up the stairs with small Hyacinth quickly following.

The rest of the evening was spent with Alyssa being shown the new things that had happened since she had left and watching her siblings show them their new possessions and catching her up on the latest gossip, Eloise's main topic of conversation being Lady Whistledown.

A/N- Hi guys! So the first chapter is out! Please let me know what you think, and don't worry it WILL follow the other story I just thought we should have a bit of background of her arriving home as it was never discussed in the other I just went straight into it.

Thank you captainobvious21 for spell and punctuation checking! Love you lots!