f i f t e e n

Dearest Readers,
It seems the Bridgerton twins have been disagreeing a lot recently. Miss Alyssa Bridgerton was seen slapping her brother over the head in the men's club, The Duke of Hastings and Lord Dervereux was seen trying to split the two up but only Lord Dervereux was able to. He was seen with hands on her shoulders, is it me or are these two getting a little friendly with each other?
-Lady Whistledown.

'Alyssa are you ok?' Daphne looked up at her sister who was sat on the chair in the sitting room just staring into space.

'Hmm?' Alyssa looked at Daphne as she had no quite heard her right.

'Are you ok?' Daphne repeated sitting next to her.

'Yes I'm fine' Alyssa smiled at her sister.

'Your not, but I'm not going to push unless you want to tell me' Daphne placed her hand on her sisters shoulder giving it a squeeze.

'I just wish all the gossiping and drama would stop. I also wish I had not of come back so soon, I thought I would be ready but the constant arguing with Anthony is just like before I left' Alyssa sighed putting her head in her hands.

What Alyssa did not know is that Anthony had arrived home and was stood in the hallway listening to his sister.

'I do not believe he wants to argue with you, he just does not always make the right decisions' Daphne spoke up.

'I know he doesn't, and the whole finding a suitor is really killing me' Alyssa sighed.

'You do not have to marry this season, you could take it out like Eloise' Daphne reminded her.

'I know I could but I should not, I am not getting any younger and the longer I wait the harder it will be' Alyssa smiled at her sister suggestion knowing she only meant well.

'What about Charles?' Daphne questioned.

'What about him Daphne?' Alyssa looked up at the mention of his name.

'Is there nothing there?' Daphne looked at her sister softly.

'No. Not for him at least, however I think I'm falling in love with him' Alyssa put her head back into her hands.

'He is an idiot if he doesn't like you back' Daphne rubbed her sister back, when Alyssa chuckled Daphne did too.

'Should you be getting ready Daphne?' Alyssa looked at the window seeing it was getting dark and there was a ball later that night.

'Yes but so should you' Daphne reminded.

'No I think I shall stay home tonight' Alyssa sat up.

'Me too then' Daphne copied her sisters actions.

'No Daphne you need this' Alyssa turned to Daphne.

'So do you' Daphne folded her arms.

'Your not going to let this go are you?' Alyssa laughed at her.

'Nope, let's go get ready' Daphne squealed as she jumped up and grabbed her sisters hands.

As the girls was getting ready in Daphnes bedroom upstairs, Anthony was heading over to talk to Charles.