n i n e t e e n

4 months into the Honeymoon:
'I am so sorry' Alyssa apologized again just like she had all the way home.

'It is alright Alyssa' Charles pulled her into his side and left his arm wrapped around her.

'No it is not, I have ruined our time away together' Alyssa sniffled.

'You are unwell my love, we can go away together whenever we please. It's your health which is more important' Charles stroked her hair from out of her face as she shut her eyes and drifted to sleep for the last stretch in the carriage.

'I love you' Alyssa mumbled before falling fully asleep.

'And I love you' Charles whispered placing a kiss on her forehead.

~•~

Anthony and Violet was just walking back into the house when Daphne came hurtling out of the house.

'Daphne what on earth is the matter?' Violet asked frantically.

'That!' Daphne pointed to the other side of the square.

Anthony and Violet both turned round and spotted the familiar looking carriage coming into view.

'Is that?' Violet turned to Anthony.

'Charles and Alyssa' Anthony dashed down the stairs he had just walked his mother up and sprinted to the end of garden to meet the carriage which was now pulling up.

'ANTHONY!' Violet shouted her son as she followed down the stairs with Daphne fast but not as fast as Anthony.

'Why are they back early mama?' Daphne was worrying.

'I do not know Daphne' Violet was just as worried but could not show this.

'Alyssa? What is wrong with her?' Anthony asked as he opened the door to see Charles sat with an unconscious Alyssa.

'I am not sure, this is why we are back' Charles answered before gently shaking Alyssa to wake her.

Anthony leant in and grabbed Alyssa hands and softly squeezed.

'Hey Alyssa' Anthony smiled as she opened her eyes.

'Hey Ant' She smiled as her brother came into sight.

'Shall we get you inside?' Anthony asked pulling her up and towards the door.

'That would be nice' Alyssa grinned.

Charles and Anthony helped her out of the carriage and onto the pavement making sure that she was stable on her feet before walking forwards slowly with her.

'O my' Violet came into view.

'She's alright mum, let's just get her inside and out of view' Anthony reassured Violet.

'Yes yes of course, are you alright Charles?' Violet starting distracting herself from the matter at hand.

'Yes Violet thank you' Charles smiled at his mother in law as he held onto his wife.

When they managed to get Alyssa inside they made sure she was comfy in her own bed and asleep before they all went down to the sitting room.

'How long has she been like this?' Violet questioned Charles.

'A few days, nearly a week I think?' Charles put his head in his hands.

'It's ok Charles, we will get the doctor out in the morning' Anthony patted him on the back before slumping back into his seat.

Violet, Daphne, Anthony and Charles all sat in the sitting room for the next hour or so in silence all hoping that whatever was wrong with Alyssa would soon pass.

Benedict and Eloise was the next to join them in the sitting room, however neither of them knowing what was wrong.

'Charles?' Benedict asked confused as he entered the room.

'Benedict' Charles nodded back to him.

'Where's my sister?' Eloise asked being the only one out of her and Benedict to realize Alyssa wasn't present.

'She's upstairs, she's not well' Charles frowned.

Both Eloise and Benedict bombarded the group with questions that no one could quite answer until the doctor had been and explained.