s i x

'You will both be attending dinner tonight on my behalf' Lady Danbury announced as she entered the sitting room in the Danbury house. Both Charles and Simon were seated on the chairs with a glass of whiskey.

'And where will this dinner take place?' Simon questioned, Charles also looked towards Lady Danbury. She could see if he was asking the same question by his facial expression.

'The Bridgerton House' She said quietly knowing Simon would object straight away.

'Ok Lady Danbury' Charles shrugged, turning back to his book, Simon's eyes almost fell out of his face when he heard Charles's reply.

'Please tell Violet that I apologize for not being able to attend' And with that Lady Danbury left the room leaving Charles to face Simon alone.

'Ok Lady Danbury' Simon mocked Charles with an annoyed expression.

'What did you want me to say?' Charles asked, not even looking at Simon.

'No we are busy' Simon replied.

'Do you really think Lady Danbury would take no as an answer?' Charles laughed, thinking back to when they first arrived and she made them attend the ball.

Simon rolled his eyes and head back before nodding towards Charles signalling he understood.

~~

The Bridgerton House was a very peaceful yet exciting place at times, it all depended on what time you were visiting. If you were there later on you'd be surprised at how quiet it is will all the younger children in bed but if you were visiting around meal times you could see how hectic it is. The Bridgertons had always sat together for meals which was uncommon for families in this day and age but there was an essence about it that just made it feel better. Charles and Simon were situated at different ends of the table, Charles was near Anthony, Eloise and Alyssa. Whereas Simon had been conveniently sat next to Daphne.

'I sense you believe this is a bit odd, all of us at one table' Violet spoke to her two guests.

'Oh not at all, I quite like it' Charles quickly told Violet politely.

'We just all like each other' Violet laughed, she was quickly proven wrong when the two youngest started flicking peas at each and arguing.

Gregory made some comment about him being a boy and older meaning he was in charge, this not only angered Hyacinth but Alyssa. Not wanting to cause a scene she made sure no one was looking when she launched a carrot at Gregory.

'Who threw that?' He was startled, while holding the carrot in his hands.

'Don't look at me' Hyacinth laughed, she had in fact seen her older sister throw the carrot but she was no snitch. And apparently she wasn't the only one who saw.

'Flying carrots is not something you see everyday Miss Bridgerton don't you agree?' Charles whispered into Alyssa's ear.

'Definitely not, I've never seen it happen before. I think your presence has brought all the flying vegetables out' Alyssa hinted to the peas which was still being thrown not so discreetly still.

'Oh most definitely' Charles laughed.

Both were brought out of their conversation when an argument between Daphne and Simon could be heard.

'Well that's not good' Charles turned back to Alyssa.

'I think Lady Danbury and my mother are trying to set them two up' Alyssa whispered to him.

'I thought that too' Charles laughed looking back towards the pair which was still arguing.

'So how come you're in London with Simon?' Alyssa questioned quietly so just her and Charles could talk without any interruptions.

'Simon was actually with me in Devon before his father died, after hearing the news of his passing Simon decided to come down here and sort his father's affairs out. I decided to come along for the journey and well look into finding myself a wife, I'm not getting any younger' Charles laughed.

'Me either, it definitely doesn't get easier the older you get. Everyone wants the newer and younger girls' Alyssa laughed before looking back down at her plate.

Charles looked at her with sympathy because she couldn't be anymore wrong, he didn't care about the younger girls.

A/N: Short Chapter but I promised a chapter ;) Has not been spell checked or edited, so let me know if you see anything.