n i n e

Dearest Readers,
It seems the house of Bridgerton may have more than one wedding this season as it seems not only has Miss Alyssa Bridgerton caught the eye of Lord Charles Devereux but Miss Daphne Bridgerton seems cozy with the Duke of Hastings when they were seen dancing not once but twice at Vauxhall last night. Have these two sisters bagged two of the most eligible suitors in the square? And which couple are you putting your bets on?
-Lady Whistledown.

'Is it true you danced with Simon twice last night?' Alyssa questioned Daphne who was trying to play the piano but was getting rather distracted.

'Yes we did' Daphne replied standing up and pointing at the piano hoping Alyssa would play for her.

Alyssa was the first of the Bridgerton children to learn how to play, therefore being one of the main reasons how her sisters started it or have learnt. Daphne was quite good but not as good as Alyssa. Eloise had no interest in learning and expressed this by when she was asked to play would just bang her hands along the keys smiling acting like it was sounding amazing. The boys would find this funny but Violet on the other hand not so much.

Alyssa stood up and walked over to the piano before sitting down on the cushioned seat. She sifted through the sheets of music before choosing to play her own song that she had been working in for a while.

'I didn't even know you and Simon were friends never mind potential love match' Alyssa said keeping her attention on the keys that she was gently playing. If she had looked up she would've seen Daphne's reaction to the possibility that her and the Duke could end up together.

'I doubt me and the Duke will end up together sister' Daphne replied quickly bride turning her attention to Eloise who was sat on the sofas in the corner.

'What are you writing about?' Daphne asked.

'Nothing' Eloise said slamming her small notebook shut. 'I cannot concentrate' She quickly followed with, glaring at Daphne and Alyssa.

'Well maybe you should take your reading elsewhere Eloise' Daphne replied.

'Maybe you shouldn't care whether suitors are gonna like the song your playing' Eloise snapped back, looking down to her notepad before turning back to her sisters and frowning at their faces.

'What is that your playing Alyssa?' Daphne asked her sister who had returned to playing the melody which none of them had heard before.

'It is my own piece' Alyssa smiled at the recognition.

'Does it have a name?' Eloise spoke up for the first time since her outburst.

'No' Alyssa replied softly keeping her attention on the keys.

'And why not?' Eloise stood up ready to fight if something about her being a women was the reason.

'Because if I was to name it, people would then hear it and I am a women who would get no credit if some man decided to steal it' Alyssa finally looked up from the piano as some of her other siblings walked in the room making the conversation disperse as well as Eloise who stomped out of the room not particularly mad at anyone but at the society she was living in.

Benedict moved his feet and smiled at Daphne who was stood hovering over him waiting for him to sit up and share the seat he was currently laying across. Anthony had sat at the table in the window quietly as none of them saw him arrive.

'Oh do play on sister' Benedict taunted Alyssa. She only returned his comment with a glare before sitting back down and calling Hyacinth over to teach her some more pianoforte.

~•~

Daphne and Simon was set to promenade the gardens where the annual picnic was being held that week. Alyssa was kicking a ball about with Gregory and Colin not caring about the many looks she was getting from various members of the tonne. Her being a women was the only reason they was staring, they didn't care about Gregory or Colin. How could they? They was men or a soon to be man.

Alyssa was so occupied with playing football that she didn't see Simon and Daphne making their way back with Charles not far behind. Alyssa was in possession of the ball, Colin made a beeline towards her to retrieve the ball when Violet shouted at the three of them.

'Will you three stop messing about!'

This caused Colin and Alyssa to bump into each other. Colin was obviously a lot stronger than Alyssa therefore he was able to stay on his feet and upright. However Alyssa fell straight down and landed on her back, laying there staring straight up at the clouds.

Violet started to scream as if Alyssa was dead.

'Alyssa! Alyssa! Are you ok?'

Alyssa's vision of the clouds and sky was rudely interrupted by an all to familiar face looking down at her. Charles.

He held both of his hands out for her to grab which she did and he quickly pulled her up from the ground making she was she steady before letting her go.

'I guess you really did fall hard for me?' He laughed with the biggest smile on his face.

Alyssa laughed at him sarcastically as she patted herself down and brushed any grass that was stuck to her dress.

'Oh aren't you hilarious' Alyssa smirked shoving his arm.

'I'm terribly funny' He replied quickly.

'Ok! Ok you two stop the flirting' Simon walked in between them and threw both of his arms around their shoulders grinning.

Alyssa shoved his arm of from around her as she was already getting stared at from playing football she didn't need to give them something else to talk about.

'What happened to Lord Berbrookes face?' Benedict stood up from his seat pointing at an angry yet excited face which was littered with bruises. They all awaited him as he made himself known to people around him.

'Bridgertons, Hastings and...' He looked at Charles.

'Devereux' Charles replied shaking his hand. Oh how he wish he didn't.

Berbrooke nodded his head before turning back to the Bridgertons.

'Do you see this?' He asked shaking a piece of paper about in front of them.

'Lord Berbrooke shall we discuss this somewhere in private? You seem to be in a great deal of pain' Violet answered before Anthony could.

'Oh no it's quite alright to be said here, and perhaps now I am talking to the real head of the family' He snapped looking at Anthony before turning back to Violet.

Passing the piece of paper to her, she quickly scanned the writing and read it in her head. She gasped grabbing the attention of all her children, the Duke and Charles.

'What is it mama?' Daphne asked from the side of Simon.

'It's a marriage license' She declared.

'But the wedding isn't happening' Anthony growled looking at Berbrooke.

'It is, and it's either Daphne or Alyssa' He grinned before snatching the paper back.

'You have three days to decide who, the venues been picked you just need to sort the dress for whoever my bride shall be' He smiled at the two girls before leaving.

Daphne or Alyssa?

A/N: Let me know if any mistakes! I lost my pages of writing and had to rewrite from the top of my head :(